We welcome our 2 newest members: Whitef0x, and that other guy I can't spell lol. Keep bugging Leynore, so he joins.

of it was just jump-shoot

in General Chat Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:44 pm
by yyys123 | 1.470 Posts

BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Andre Tourinho of Brazil had eight birdies in his round of 6-under 66, giving him a one-shot lead Friday going into the weekend of the Latin American Amateur with a Masters invitation on the line.Tourinho was among several players who had an easy time at Pilar Golf Club.Matias Dominguez of Chile also had eight birdies and tied the course record with a 65. Joaquin Bonjour of Argentina had nine birdies in 14 holes and was in the lead until putting two balls in the water on the 17th hole and making a quadruple bogey.Tourinho was at 8-under 136, one shot head of Dominguez and Bonjour.The inaugural Latin American Amateur is patterned after the Asia-Pacific Amateur. The winner gets a spot in the Masters in April and is exempt into the final stage of qualifying for the U.S. Open and British Open. He also gets into the U.S. Amateur and British Amateur.I actually hit the ball better yesterday, said Tourinho, a 24-year-old who graduated from Tulsa in 2012 and is a two-time winner of the Brazilian Amateur. Today, I chipped in twice and putted really well.One of those chip-ins was on the par-3 eighth hole, where a new tee was used to make it play 95 yards. That led to the first ace of the tournament by Nicolas Echavarria of Colombia, who used a 58-degree wedge and watched it spin back into the hole.Dominguez became the fifth player to shoot 65 at Pilar, a group that includes former Masters and U.S. Open champion Angel Cabrera in the 2006 Argentine Open. Pilar was a par 71 in those events. Dominguez, a senior at Texas Tech, was the first to post 7 under for a round.The cut was at 8-over 152, and 62 players advanced to the final two rounds.The Latin American Amateur is for players from South America, Central America and Caribbean countries. Of the top 14 players on the leaderboard, three were from Argentina, three were from Chili and three were from Costa Rica, with one each from Brazil, Mexico and Uruguay. Rangel Ravelo .com) - Cincinnati Reds pitcher Mat Latos had an arthroscopic procedure performed on his right elbow last week, the teams official site reported Wednesday. Willie McGee . Canada was placed in one of the easiest groups during Saturdays live televised draw in Montreal. http://www.custommlbcardinalsjersey.com/custom-ken-boyer-jersey-large-391q.html .com) - A top-10 showdown is on tap in at the McKale Center on Saturday, as the 10th-ranked Arizona Wildcats play host to the eighth-ranked Utah Utes in a key Pac-12 matchup. Nelson Briles . And all things considered, the first 40 games have offered a little bit of everything from a hockey club that faced many questions in its first year under new management, with a new head coach and with a number of new faces in the lineup. However, with a recent dip in scoring, it seems some of the same old questions persist and several new ones have been raised after a somewhat troubling homestand. Marcell Ozuna . To get things started, heres a little photo tour to get you acquainted with all the main characters.Before the 2013-14 NCAA season began, CBSSports.com listed Syracuse point guard and Toronto native Tyler Ennis at 69 on its "Top 100 Players in college hoops." Michigan guard and fellow Canadian Nik Stauskas was one ahead at 68. With 42 days before the NBA Draft in New York City, two of three analysts of the same website have Ennis getting selected in the top 10, while all three have Stauskas going in the 10-14 range. "Ive played against some of the best players in the world and Ive played against some of the best players in my class," Ennis said at the NBA Combine, which began Thursday. "I just have the confidence and I know how hard I work and I know my abilities." Played is the operative word in that sentence. For as much as the 19-year-old Ennis and 20-year-old Stauskas did to get noticed on the court, they both understand to fulfill their NBA dreams theyll have to impress potential employers off the court just as much. "People know how I play and I think the main thing for teams is to get to know me and know if they are going to draft me, what theyre going to deal with," Ennis said. "They want to see, as a nineteen-year-old coming out of college, if youre able to lead grown men in the NBA and I think they are able to get a feel for that in the interviews." The process is something all players have to go through and Stauskas is doing his best to combat the expected nerves. "The main thing for me is to just try to be myself and let teams know what kind of person I am and how I grew up and how I got to this situation right here," the Mississauga native said. Stauskass upbringing could serve him well when talking to NBA clubs. His family originally hails from the basketball-mad Lithuania. "t;Im a good person, really hard-working, and I come from a great family.dddddddddddd I think thats important for people to know and I just want them to know that Im not doing this because I want money or anything like that," he said. "Obviously, the moneys great, but Im really doing this just because I love the game of basketball. This is whats made me happy since I was seven or eight-years-old. I feel like if teams really get that vibe from me, theyre going like that." Both Stauskas and Ennis sat out the first day of the combine. Each player was officially measured - height, weight and wingspan - but neither participated in any of the on-court drills. "Before the combine started, knowing what the drills were going to be, I felt a lot of it was just jump-shooting," Stauskas said. "Obviously, thats the strongest part of my game and I feel that teams already know I can shoot the ball, so coming in, I felt that even if I had a great day shooting the ball, it wasnt really going to do much for me because teams already know thats my strength." Both Canadians, however, will participate in physical testing and the aforementioned team meetings. And although the footage of their abilities is likely endless at this point, both players say there will be a few surprises awaiting any and all who will be watching. "Im not the one dunking all the time but Im able to jump pretty high and Im a lot faster than people think," Ennis said. "Going through the combine I think my numbers will show that its more surprising than people expect. "I dont think people realize I can jump the way I do or run the way I do," Stauskas echoed, "so Im really looking forward to tomorrow, getting in there and working." ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 8 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Bella Swan
Board Statistics
The forum has 2168 topics and 2220 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Visitor record: 104 users on Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:53 am..