We welcome our 2 newest members: Whitef0x, and that other guy I can't spell lol. Keep bugging Leynore, so he joins.

ghs -- to hel

in General Chat Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:31 pm
by yyys123 | 1.470 Posts

HUMBLE, Texas -- Matt Kuchar didnt have the result he had hoped for while playing in the final pairing at last weeks Texas Open. The six-time PGA Tour winner, who closed with a final-round 75 on his way to a fourth-place finish last week, will have the opportunity to show what he learned from that disappointing finish at this weeks Houston Open. Playing in the final pairing, Kuchar vaulted past a struggling Sergio Garcia with a 4-under par 68 on Saturday -- overcoming windy conditions at the Golf Club of Houston to match the low round of the day and take a four-shot lead after three rounds. Kuchar stands at 15 under overall heading into Sundays final round, four shots ahead of second-round leader Garcia and Cameron Tringale. The three will be paired together on Sunday. "Its a nice position to have played well last week, to have been in the last group with a chance to win and again to come back this week, completely different course, and have another shot to win," Kuchar said. Kuchars last win came at the Memorial last year, and he has eight top 10 finishes this season in 10 events. Hell have the opportunity add to that resume on Sunday, weather permitting, as well as fuel his surging confidence leading into next weeks Masters, where he finished in a tie for eighth last year. The prospect of a winners share of nearly $1.2-million, however, has Kuchar locked in on this weekend first -- even with the prospect of competing for his first major championship looming next week. "Ive been playing some steady golf for a couple of years now and feel like my chances of playing well tomorrow are pretty good," Kuchar said. "Having a four-shot lead is a great position to be in." The golfers went off both tees in threesomes early Saturday morning in anticipation of severe weather in the evening, a format theyll use again Sunday with hopes of avoiding a Monday finish leading into next weeks visit to Augusta National. Garcia, who surged ahead with a 7-under 65 on Friday, began the day with a one-shot lead over Kuchar. That disappeared quickly after the Spaniard bogeyed the first to fall back to 11 under and into a tie with his playing partner, Kuchar. That was just the beginning of the struggles for Garcia, who later put his tee shot into the water on No. 10. He finished with a 1-over 73 after matching the courses low mark of 12 under after two rounds. "Obviously, I didnt play as well as yesterday with the difficulty," Garcia said. "... It wasnt that easy." Kuchar, meanwhile, birdied the first to move into the lead -- a spot he didnt relinquish. He added back-to-back birdies on No. 4 and 5 to move to 14 under, and he added three birdies in a row on the back nine. He reached 16 under with a birdie on the par-3 14th before three-putting the 18th and settling for 15 under. "Its unbelievable," said Ben Curtis, who is tied for 5th at 8 under with Rickie Fowler. "(Kuchars) on a great roll the last few years. Obviously, hes playing very confidently, and that makes a huge difference." Kuchar missed his first four cuts at the Houston Open, but the American finished tied for eighth in 2010 and 2011 before not playing in the tournament the last two years. His three rounds in the 60s this week have only been matched by Tringale, who shot a 3-under 69 on Saturday while playing in the next-to-last pairing. Phil Mickelson, after withdrawing from last weeks Texas Open with a muscle pull in his right side, was inconsistent from the opening hole Saturday. The five-time major winner left his opening two approach shots short of the green, the second of which found the bunker and caused him to slump over in the fairway. That led to the first of back-to-back bogeys, though he did recover with three straight birdies on the back nine before settling for an even-par 72 -- leaving him in a tie for eighth at 6 under. "I dont know if Ill have a good round tomorrow or not," Mickelson said. "But its close, a lot closer than its been." Fowler matched Kuchars low round in Saturdays chilly conditions, posting a 4-under 68 and moving to 8 under overall. With rain forecast for Saturday night and throughout Sunday, the golfers will once again tee off in threesomes early on Sunday morning. "To me, it feels like well come here and wait around for a lot longer, but (thats) part of the deal," Kuchar said. Chris Dudley Jersey . "Canada," Bolland said with a smile. "Is that a question?" One day earlier, though, fellow Toronto Maple Leafs centre Nazem Kadri wasnt so sure his home and native land could pull off the win against the United States in the semi-finals of the Olympic hockey tournament. Portland Trail Blazers Shirts . In the days leading up to the draft, TSN.ca and TSN Radio basketball analyst Duane Watson looks at some of the names that will be headlining the event. Tonight, Michigans Nik Stauskas of Mississauga, Ontario. https://www.cheapblazersonline.com/1138i-zach-collins-jersey-blazers.html .In the Football Money League compiled by accountancy firm Deloitte, German champion Bayern Munich remained third but Barcelona dropped from second to fourth during its trophyless 2014.In the 2013-2014 financial year, Real generated 549. Jusuf Nurkic Jersey . This week they discuss the Philadelphia 76ers, Gregg Popovich, Royal and Ancient Golf Club and Bill Belichick. Scottie Pippen Jersey . Which is to say, the top of this years draft class is not as dynamic or exciting as the 2013 class of Nate MacKinnon, Sasha Barkov, Jonathan Drouin and Seth Jones and its not as strikingly promising as the highly-anticipated 2015 slate of Connor McDavid, Jack Eichel and Noah Hanifin.DAVIE, Fla. -- Knowshon Moreno was activated Wednesday. But active? Not so much. The Miami Dolphins running back came off the physically unable to perform list and joined practice, a big step in his recovery from a knee injury that forced him to miss the first 12 days of training camp. But he spent most of the workout watching, sat out 11-on-11 drills and is certain to miss the first exhibition game Friday at Atlanta. "Today was testing the knee out and seeing how it feels," Moreno said. "I feel good. What I did today I felt pretty good doing. Now the next couple of days Ill just progress and do more and more each day. The main thing is to be ready for the season." Moreno signed a $3.275 million, one-year contract in March after five seasons with the Denver Broncos. He underwent arthroscopic surgery on his left knee in June and said his rehabilitation went as expected. "Every day I did more and more in the training room," he said. "Now its time to do a little bit more on the field." Moreno lingered with an assistant coach after practice and was one of the last players off the field. "Its good to see the guys we expect to be playmakers this year come off the sideline and start getting some work," guard Daryn Colledge said. Lamar Miller led the Dolphins in rushing last season and has looked good in training camp, meaning Moreno will have to play catch-up in competition for the starting job. Because hes an excellent blocker and receiver, Moreno might be best-suited for the role of third-down back. But he also could help upgrade a ground game that ranked 26th in the NFL last year. "I cant really think about the depth chart," Moreno said. "Im going to do every play, every practice, every game 100 per cent. Whatever happenns after that will happen.dddddddddddd" Moreno and Miller will be running behind an offensive line with five new starters in the season opener. Even so, third-year coach Joe Philbin said hes optimistic about the running game. "The only thing I can tell you right now is that it has looked better in training camp so far than I remember it looking in prior training camps," Philbin said. "Thats the one thing that my eyes have seen so far. Obviously we havent seen it in a game yet, but I liked what Ive seen. I like the space weve created. I liked the way our lines have worked together so far. Thats really what gives me confidence right now." Moreno enjoyed a breakout season last year with the Broncos, ranking fifth in the NFL in yards from scrimmage. He rushed for 1,038 yards, caught 60 passes and scored 13 touchdowns -- all career highs -- to help Denver reach the Super Bowl. But that was with Peyton Manning. Now Moreno will line up with inconsistent third-year starter Ryan Tannehill in an offence that scored once in its final 24 possessions last year. Moreno and the rest of the Dolphins are learning a new scheme under first-year offensive co-ordinator Bill Lazor. "Im good with the playbook," Moreno said. "Its a totally different scheme from Denver, but I feel comfortable about it. Now its just going out there seeing it full speed versus the defence." Linebacker Dannell Ellerbe was among those happy to see Moreno in pads. Ellerbe recruited Moreno to Georgia, where they were teammates in 2006-08. "Im ready for him to get healthy and get out there on the field and help this team," Ellerbe said. "Hes a kind of guy with a lot of energy. Hes a fighter, a good player. Hes athletic. Ive been a fan since college." ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 10 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Bella Swan
Board Statistics
The forum has 2168 topics and 2220 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Visitor record: 104 users on Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:53 am..