We welcome our 2 newest members: Whitef0x, and that other guy I can't spell lol. Keep bugging Leynore, so he joins.

ndeweghe beat 200

in General Chat Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:44 pm
by yyys123 | 1.470 Posts

OMAHA, Neb. -- Peyton Manning came to Omaha to show the city some love in return for the love it showed him during the NFL playoffs and Super Bowl. Manning was the was the featured speaker at the Bnai Brith sports banquet Thursday night, and he promised the crowd of 1,200 hell keep shouting "Omaha!" at the line of scrimmage. Manning has been using the citys name as part of his pre-snap routine for years, but his "Omaha!" chants put the city of 400,000 in the national spotlight during the playoffs because they came in so loud and clear over television field microphones. "I cant tell you how many suggestions I get on what word I should use next year -- cities, states, businesses, a lot of websites," Manning said. "I am here to tell you I am sticking with Omaha! " With that, the crowd erupted in hoots and applause. Before the banquet, the Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce presented Manning a check for almost $70,000 for his foundation for at-risk children. Businesses donated money for every pre-snap "Omaha!" shouted by the 2013 NFL MVP. "Im very pleased to be here in the real city of Omaha," he said. "People of this city have been very gracious to me during my visit here. This (donated money) will go a long way to help the children at risk." The chamber of commerce co-ordinated the fundraising effort to thank Manning for the shout-outs and free publicity. The Omaha zoo named a newborn penguin "Peyton," and Omaha Steaks sold an "Omaha, Omaha" variety package of meats for Super Bowl partiers. A local ice cream parlour created a flavour in Mannings honour, "Omaha, Omaha," which had an orange-vanilla base mixed with blue malt balls -- Broncos colours. Manning gave no hint about what his "Omaha!" chants really mean or the reason why he and other quarterbacks use the word as they change plays at the line. Mannings speech focused on the methods he employed to be a successful NFL quarterback. He stressed the importance of putting in extra work, intense film study and a willingness to be a leader. He also touched on the obstacles the Broncos overcame to reach the Super Bowl, where they lost to Seattle. "We faced a ton of injuries, including losing not one but two centres, lost our left tackle for the entire year, probably the best in the entire league, and we lost a player to a six-game suspension," he said. "And then in the middle of the season our head coach had a heart attack and was out for five weeks. The deck was shuffled, and there were so many things that pointed to having a bad year. We handled more adversity in a single season than most teams will in a five- or 10-year span." The 38-year-old quarterback said he has set no timetable for retirement. "I feel lucky to still be playing the game, and I enjoy being around these young guys. They keep me feeling young," he said. "Im going to keep doing it as long as I can still help the team, as long as I still enjoy the preparation, and as long as the team still wants me to play." Jalen Lecque Jersey . LeBron James leads the Miami Heat in a quest for three consecutive championship titles, while Tim Duncan looks to add his fifth ring with the San Antonio Spurs when the series tips off with Game 1: Miami @ San Antonio on Thursday, June 5 at 9 p. Devin Booker Jersey . Yet heading to New York, the Habs remain positive as it all comes down to the one main ingredient that the organization has built its team on - character. https://www.cheapsunsonline.com/249z-connie-hawkins-jersey-suns.html . So much so that even a simple foul pop up to the first baseman turned into a run. Houstons four-run rally in the ninth inning to beat the Seattle Mariners 6-4 on Monday night was capped by a bizarre play that started as Crowe fouled out to first baseman Justin Smoak with runners on second and third. Cheap Suns Jerseys . Jets head coach Paul Maurice made the announcement Saturday following the morning skate and confirmed Al Montoya will start in goal against the Dallas Stars on Sunday. Dario Saric Jersey .S. -- Carl-Antoine Delisle snapped a tie in the third period with his second goal of the game to lead the Tigres past Cape Breton 4-3 in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action Wednesday as Victoriaville won its eighth in a row. S-HERTOGENBOSCH, Netherlands -- Third-seeded Roberto Bautista Agut of Spain emerged victorious from a marathon day at the grass-court Topshelf Open, advancing to the final with a 4-6, 6-2, 7-6 (4) win over Juergen Melzer of Austria. Both players played twice Friday, finishing quarterfinals that had been suspended because of rain and darkness. Bautista Agut will play for his second ATP title after losing to Janko Tipsarevic in Chennai in 2013. He faces Benjamin Becker of Germany in the final. Becker, the 2009 tournament champion, served up 13 aces and beat Joao Sousa 6-3, 7-6 (3) in the other mens semifinal. "I like to play on grass and I dont know why but I often play my best tennis at this tournament," Becker was quoted saying on the ATPs website. The 8th-seeded Melzer broke Bautista Aguts service game to open the match and coasted through the first set. But in the second set it was Bautista Aguts turn to dominate the rallies. In the decider Bautista Agut surrendered his serve in the fourth game and threw his racket to the grass in disgust. After regrouping, he broke Melzer back in the followingg game, and went on to take the tiebreaker.dddddddddddd In the womens tournament, Zheng Jie of China reached her first WTA final in 2 1/2 years when she beat Magdalena Rybarikova of Slovakia 6-1, 6-3. Zheng won in her last final appearance in Auckland, New Zealand, in 2012, for her fourth career title. She broke Rybarikova six times, and will meet qualifier Coco Vandeweghe of the United States in the final. Vandeweghe beat 2005 champion Klara Koukalova 6-4, 6-2 with nine aces. The American has a 1-1 record against Zheng and will play in only her second final, looking for her maiden title. Earlier Friday in the mens quarterfinals suspended overnight because of rain, Bautista Agut ended the title defence of seventh-seeded Nicolas Mahut of France 6-3, 4-6, 6-3. Melzer outlasted second-seeded Fernando Verdasco of Spain. Their match had been suspended at one set all, and Melzer prevailed 7-6 (3), 6-7 (6), 7-6 (9) after more than three hours. Despite losing the semifinal, the outing was Melzers best result since he returned to the tour in mid-April from a seven-month layoff for a shoulder injury. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Bella Swan
Board Statistics
The forum has 2168 topics and 2220 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Visitor record: 104 users on Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:53 am..