We welcome our 2 newest members: Whitef0x, and that other guy I can't spell lol. Keep bugging Leynore, so he joins.

r it was ruled the player

in General Chat Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:43 pm
by yyys123 | 1.470 Posts

SALT LAKE CITY -- When the Minnesota Timberwolves were mired in a slump, they figured theyd get back to winning if they shed some sweat. They never thought it would take some blood, too. Kevin Love grabbed his 4,000th career rebound as part of a 19-point, 13-board effort to lead the Timberwolves over the Utah Jazz 112-97 on Tuesday night. Along the way to sweeping a home-and-home set against the Jazz, Alexey Shved left with a broken nose and Kevin Martin sliced open his right pinkie. "Its crazy. I cant remember two people bleeding like that in the same game," said Nikola Pekovic, who had 18 points and nine rebounds. Love leads the league with 35 double-doubles but he thought it was passing and teamwork that sealed a sweep of the home-and-home set with the Jazz. "Ive been passing the ball all season and guys were converting," said Love, who had eight assists. "I didnt get too many looks and didnt convert many from the 3-point line so I had to figure other ways to be effective." Ricky Rubio has returned to his spontaneous, free-flowing style and had 11 points and 13 assists for the Wolves, who snapped a seven-game losing streak in Utah. "Tonight was a pure team effort," Pekovic said. "We are all good friends between us. On the good nights everything is fine, of course." It was another good night for Minnesota as Corey Brewer scored 19 points and Martin contributed 18. Each time the Jazz threatened to get close in the fourth quarter, J.J. Barea hit big baskets and finished with 15 points to keep the Jazz at bay. "I think we needed that win (on Saturday) and we had a great team effort defensively. It carried on to tonight," Barea said. Gordon Hayward returned from a five-game absence to lead the Jazz with 27 points, but he was the only starter in double figures. The Jazz went 2-3 in Haywards absence, including a 98-72 road loss to Minnesota where Utah set a record for worst field goal percentage in franchise history at 28.8 per cent. "It felt good to be back out there," Hayward said. "But we just didnt get stops tonight. They were too effective offensively." A team that seemed disjointed and frustrated during a three-game losing streak a week ago, the Timberwolves apparently needed a couple of matchups with the Jazz to break out of the funk. The Timberwolves ran crisp sets and were eager to make the extra pass to wide-open teammates. Minnesota led 84-62 at the end of three quarters as it assisted on 23 of its first 30 field goals. Picking up right where they left off on Saturday, the Wolves using a 17-2 run in the first quarter to stake a commanding lead that ballooned to 18 points. Love hit a 3-pointer and Brewer dunked to make the score 30-12 in the first quarter. "I was pleased with the way we came out and controlled the game from beginning to end," Minnesota coach Rick Adelman said. "I thought (the Jazz) would come out with so much energy at the start of the game." Instead the Timberwolves made the Jazz look flat and flustered and soon they were on their way to consecutive wins for the first time since they beat Washington and Milwaukee on Dec. 27-28. Hayward was having the best three-game set of his career before injuring his left hip and being sidelined five games. But he scored early and often despite the layoff. His teammates, though, seemed powerless to stop Minnesotas attack. Alec Burks had 18 points but the Jazz missed starting centre Derrick Favours, who was out with a right hip injury. "Defensively, he protects the rim for us," Utah coach Ty Corbin said. "We missed that." Of course, Minnesotas plan to was get the ball to Love and Pekovic. "We knew we had the advantage against them inside. After last game, we wanted to keep doing that. We had a nice balance of looking at those two guys, plus getting other open looks," Adelman said. After losing 14 of their first 15 games, the Jazz have been playing about .500 and hadnt lost two consecutive since losing to San Antonio and Miami on Dec. 14 and 16. The Timberwolves were again the aggressors against the Jazz and made 22 of 24 free throws. Haywards 3-pointer drew the Jazz 58-47, but Minnesota responded with a 10-0 surge that ended with Martins three-point play. NOTES: The Timberwolves wore their black short-sleeved uniforms. . The Jazz had three points nullified in the third quarter because Trey Burkes 3-pointer came after the shot clock expired, the ruling came during a time out more than four minutes of elapsed game time after the shot. . The Jazz are 1-18 when Enes Kanter starts. He had four points and six rebounds. Les Dodson Jersey Retro .That sight softened the blow of what ended up as a 4-3 shootout loss to the Colorado Avalanche on Thursday night.Knowing their teammate was fine after a scary headfirst fall in the opening minute of the game helped calm the Maple Leafs. Blake Countess Jersey Retro .com) - Mike Conley scored 20 points with five assists to help the Memphis Grizzlies remain unbeaten with a 91-89 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Friday. https://www.cheapjerseyslines.com/randy-coffield-jersey-retro/ . -- Downcast before the final game of what had been a difficult road trip, the Ottawa Senators found a way to dig out a little momentum in the desert before heading home. Wholesale Cheap Jerseys . Signs of a turnaround have emerged in this series at Minnesota. Brian Roberts had three doubles and a triple for the first four-extra-base-hit game of his 14-year career, and the Yankees used their bullpen to preserve a 6-5 win over the Twins on Friday. Jordan Bernstine Jersey Retro . “The shootout, theres nothing wrong with it, I think its an exciting part of the game but its just one small aspect,” said Chicago Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman. “Its a skill exhibition. If you can get it back closer to regular hockey and have it decided that way; that would be my preference.” “I dont think its a knock on the shootout, I think more of the managers would like to see it end in overtime,” added Washington Capitals GM George McPhee. ABBOTSFORD, B.C. -- Pascal Pelletier has been attempting to carry the Utica Comets on his back this season. He got some help from an unlikely source Saturday night. Pelletier scored in overtime and added an assist as the Comets defeated the Abbotsford Heat 4-3 in American Hockey League action. The Comets, who lost 10 straight games to start the season, have now won four of their past five, and its no coincidence that Pelletier has three goals and three assists in that span. "Hes our leader and we always count him to produce for us," said teammate Kellan Lain. "Anytime we can get secondary scoring, that helps out big because we rely heavily on those guys." Lain also provided some help with two goals -- the first of his professional career. "Hes one of the kids thats been improving a lot," said Pelletier of the six-foot-six centre. "Hes got a bit role on this team. Maybe the fans wont see what he does because hes a defensive kind of guy, blocking shots, winning face-offs, but on a hockey club the job that hes doing is huge. And hes going to fight and stick up for his teammates. "Hes a big part of our club and I think he has a bright future." Pelletiers goal ended the game in which the Heat scored first and the Comets blew leads of 2-1 and 3-2. The Labrador City, N.L., native one-timed a centring pass from Colin Stuart in the slot at 2:07 of the extra period. "I went down the middle and tried to hold on to it as much as I could to see what was going to happen and Stuart was flying on the wall. I passed it to him behind their D and he passed it back to me for a one-timer tap-in." Stuart also had a goal for the Comets. Joe Cannata made 33 saves to give him back-to-back victories. Though still last in the Western Conference, the win brings them out of the AHL cellar. "We struggled early in the season scoring goals so we emphasized putting pucks on the net, drive net and see what happens," said Pelletier. "We saw on the first goal, a shot on net tip, second goal was a scramble. The third and fourth were better plays, but in the AHL and the NHL youre scoring chances just starting with a shot." Ben Street had a goal and an assist for Abbotsford (17-6-2), who lost back-to-back games for the first time since Oct. 18 but hang on to first place in the league. Turner Elson and Josh Jooris also scored, both snapping extending scoring droughts. "Some days they havent done a damn thiing and some days theyve been really good," said Heat coach Troy Ward of Elson and Jooris.dddddddddddd "I was happy for them. Turners been competing, but he hasnt got as much ice time as others on this team. Hes a young guy kind of paying his dues. And if anybody needed a goal on our team, it was probably Josh Jooris in a lot of ways. His compete has been way higher of late, and hes got a bit of mojo playing with Ben Street." Joey MacDonald stopped 22 shots in net for the Heat. The Heat drew first blood at 10:37 of the first. Elson pounced on the rebound of a Chad Billins point shot, beating Cannata high blocker side, for his second of the year and first since Oct. 11. However, the Comets tied the game at 17:13. Yannick Webers point shot was deflected by Lain, with Patrick Mullen also providing a screen, giving Weber four points in four games since being demoted to the Comets by the Vancouver Canucks. The Comets took the lead at 16:24 of the second. Lain knocked Alex Biegas rebound past MacDonald. "Its definitely exciting," said Lain of finally scoring in his 32nd career AHL game. "Ive been working hard for it, and I had a lot of chances the first 20 or so games. But you just cant get down on yourself -- youve got to keep going, and I got some good bounces." The Heat had a goal disallowed with less than three minutes to play in the second. A Comets defenceman fell into Cannata, pushing the netminder with the puck across the goal-line. However it was ruled the player tripped on Jooris, who was driving past the net. Jooris made amends at the 3:51 mark of the third period. He took a great cross-ice feed from Street and found a little room short side on Cannata, giving him his first goal since the season opener, a span of 20 games. Stuart regained the Utica lead however less than two minutes later. He walked out of the left corner into the slot untouched and backhanded the puck over the sprawling netminder giving him five goals on the year. Street scored his team-leading 12th of the season at 9:07, blazing down the left wing on a power play before unleashing a slapshot blocker side from the face-off dot. "Theyre a good club," said Pelletier of the Heat. "They skate well and counter attack very well. We made a couple mistakes that cost us. But overall the effort was there. It was hard for us the way we travelled the last couple of days and stuff but it was a good hockey game overall." ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 8 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Bella Swan
Board Statistics
The forum has 2168 topics and 2220 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Visitor record: 104 users on Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:53 am..