We welcome our 2 newest members: Whitef0x, and that other guy I can't spell lol. Keep bugging Leynore, so he joins.

Rosa, who struck

in General Chat Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:42 pm
by yyys123 | 1.470 Posts

DURHAM, N.C. -- Duke didnt shoot the ball well nor did it have one of its big runs against Florida State. Rather, the 18th-ranked Blue Devils gave their Hall of Fame coach a milestone win by aggressively crashing the glass, converting on turnovers and cashing in at the free-throw line. Rodney Hood scored 18 points to help Duke beat Florida State 78-56 on Saturday, giving Mike Krzyzewski his 900th victory in his 34th season at the school. Jabari Parker added 14 points for the Blue Devils (16-4, 5-2 Atlantic Coast Conference), who shot 31 per cent but nearly doubled the Seminoles on the glass while scoring 29 points off both turnovers and offensive rebounds. Krzyzewski is the all-time leader in career victories in mens Division I with 973. He joins Syracuses Jim Boeheim as the only coaches with at least 900 wins at one program. "Thats a lot of wins," Krzyzewski said. "I thank Duke for keeping me. Ive been blessed with being at one of the greatest schools in the world. Great schools dont necessarily always have great people in command. This school has. ... We have a good thing going here and Ive been blessed to be here for over three decades and take advantage of that." Duke used an 11-0 spurt late in the first half to build a 20-point lead on the Seminoles (13-6, 4-3), who didnt get the margin below double figures again. But Dukes shooting percentage and its 18 field goals were both season-lows. The Blue Devils had a 47-24 rebounding advantage, including 27-7 on the offensive glass. The 27 offensive rebounds were the most for the program since grabbing 28 against North Carolina A&T in December 2002, according to STATS LLC. Parker, who had a career-high 15 rebounds in Wednesdays win against Miami, finished with 14 rebounds, while Hood had nine. Duke also got a boost from reserve big man Marshall Plumlee, who posted career-highs of seven points and seven rebounds -- with each rebound coming on the offensive glass. "Rebounding is something weve really tried to make a focal point these last few weeks," Plumlee said. "Alongside our defence, I feel like its something thats starting to show in recent games so no matter who we play were hoping to come up with the W on the boards and defensive stops." The Blue Devils scored 29 points off 17 FSU turnovers and made 34 of 43 free throws for the game -- including 20 of 27 after halftime to offset a 6-for-27 shooting performance (22 per cent) in the second half. "I just think they had our number today and did a very good job of playing to their potential," Seminoles coach Leonard Hamilton said. "And they did the things I thought would give us the most problems. I dont think we countered it appropriately." Okaro White scored 14 points for Florida State, which shot 50 per cent but saw the rebounding and turnover troubles undermine that. "It will mess with you emotionally," White said. "You got a team shooting so many threes, theres a lot of long rebounds. Youre trying to box out, and your normal tendency is to run to the rim, thinking the ball will fall there. They really killed us on offensive rebounds and turnovers. They were competing." FSU, which won in its last trip here on a last-second three-pointer two years ago, led by one point for about one minute in the first half. But key scorer Aaron Thomas, who was coming off a 20-point effort against Notre Dame, finished with two points on 1-for-7 shooting before fouling out with 5:13 left. Krzyzewski was animated and often unhappy with his team in the early minutes, slamming down a chair during an early timeout and shedding his suit jacket by the 12-minute media timeout. Then, after Duke looked to be in cruise control, the Blue Devils went nearly 7 1/2 minutes without a basket in the second half. FSU got as close as 11 points with 6:51 to play before Quinn Cook ended the drought with a driving basket that made it 71-54 with 3:25 left. Hood was a last-second scratch from the starting lineup. Krzyzewski said Hood was sick, though Hood told reporters he had to change after spilling Gatorade on his uniform. Hood missed his first five shots, but he scored 14 points after halftime. Cheap Shoes Free Shipping . Coaches are now allowed to challenge both called and potential defensive pass interference fouls under certain conditions. Cheap Shoes . It has been eleven years, eight months, and 261 days since I played my last CFL game. https://www.cheapshoesdiscount.com/ . The Mavericks avoided a season sweep by the Nuggets, who ran away with a win in Denver two weeks ago to hand Dallas its longest losing streak at three games. Dallas (42-28) got a boost in the playoff race when Miami rallied from seven down in the last 3 1/2 minutes to beat Memphis 91-86 Friday night. Cheap Shoes Replica . -- The Los Angeles Clippers chose not to speak publicly about owner Donald Sterling before they faced the Golden State Warriors for Game 4 of their first-round series Sunday. Cheap Shoes From China . Torres calmly stroked a 51st-minute spot kick down the middle with goalkeeper Romel Quinonez diving right to convert a penalty earned by Javi Martinez. Spain controlled play at the Sanchez Pizjuan but found it hard to convert against a well-organized Bolivian team before Iniesta charged forward to curl around Quinonez in the 84th to seal victory. OAKLAND, Calif. -- Even with a runner on second and an open base at first, Coco Crisp fully expected Boston closer Koji Uehara to come right after him. For the second straight game, Oaklands speedy leadoff hitter guessed right. Crisp singled in Alberto Callaspo with one out in the 10th inning and the Athletics beat the Red Sox 2-1 on Saturday to extend their winning streak to five games. "I was taking the approach they were going to come right after me," said Crisp, who also drove in the game-winning run during Fridays 4-3 win. "I didnt want to wait around for the splitter so I was hoping that he would come in to what I was looking for, and he did. Another lucky guess." Its the second game-ending hit for Crisp this season and seventh of his career. It also took Oakland off the hook after Bostons Dustin Pedroia scored the tying run in the eighth following a controvesial call that resulted in the ejection of As manager Bob Melvin. Boston put runners on the corners with two outs when Oakland reliever Luke Gregerson appeared to strike out Mike Napoli. Napoli argued that he fouled the ball off the dirt, and home plate umpire Quinn Wolcott agreed although television replays appeared to indicate otherwise. The umpiring crew met to discuss the play before upholding the original call. Under the current replay system, balls and strikes are not reviewable. "The plate umpire heard sound and thought the ball hit the ground and called it a foul ball," said crew chief Gerry Davis. "This type of play happens quite often actually, its a difficult call for us. And in order to change it we have to positive (proof)." Gregerson, who had celebrated the apparent strikeout, bounced his next pitch in front of home plate. The ball ricocheted off the chest protector of catcher Stephen Vogt and rolled toward the mound as Dustin Pedroia scored from third. After Napoli flew out to end the inning, Melvin raced out from Oaklands dugout and angrily confronted Wolcott before getting tossed. "My feeling is that if theres a play that needs to be reviewed, you should review it. You just cant on that one," Melvin said. "What I was told the call was was a foul ball that hit the dirt. And no one saw anything conclusive to overturn it.dddddddddddd. But after looking it, it was caught." The play prevented Oakland starter Jesse Chavez from winning his second straight start. Chavez took a no-hitter into the sixth and held the Red Sox scoreless through seven before giving way to the bullpen. He struck out four and walked four. The As have won the first three games of this four-game series by a total of four runs. Callaspo drew a leadoff walk against reliever Edward Mujica (2-3) in the 10th and was sacrificed to second. Uehara replaced Mujica before Crisp lined his first pitch into right field. Boston right fielder Brock Holt made a strong throw but Callaspo slid home with the game-winner. "Coco being Coco," Chavez said. "He did it last night and he did it again today." Boston was shut out for the first seven innings before Pedroia scored on a wild pitch in the eighth. The Red Sox missed a chance to take the lead in the top of the 10th when Oakland reliever Dan Otero struck out David Ortiz with two on and two out. "Weve had situations get away from us in terms of men in scoring position," Boston manager John Farrell said. "Weve got to continue to build opportunities. Whether or not we cash in on those, thats what we got to continue to focus on" Boston starter Rubby De La Rosa nearly matched Chavez in his first career appearance against the As. De La Rosa, who struck out four and walked four, retired the first six batters before Vogts triple off the extended wall in right-centre. Vogt scored on Alberto Callaspos sacrifice fly despite a stellar play by Holt, who had made a diving catch on Callaspos sinking liner in the gap in right-centre then threw home. Oakland managed only six runners over the next six innings until Callaspos leadoff walk in the 10th. NOTES: The As are 7-2 on this homestand. ... Melvins ejection is his first this season. ... Bostons Jon Lester (8-7) faces Oaklands Tommy Milone (5-3) on Sunday in a battle of lefties. Lester had a career-high 15 strikeouts against the As on May 3. ... Hall of Famer Dennis Eckersley, who pitched for both franchises, threw out the first pitch. Eckersley currently works as a television analyst for the Red Sox. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 11 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Bella Swan
Board Statistics
The forum has 2168 topics and 2220 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Visitor record: 104 users on Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:53 am..