We welcome our 2 newest members: Whitef0x, and that other guy I can't spell lol. Keep bugging Leynore, so he joins.

me the teams met in Raleigh ats

in General Chat Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:40 pm
by yyys123 | 1.470 Posts

RALEIGH, N.C. -- The Carolina Hurricanes talked in the locker room before Monday nights game about how they felt they were due for a win against the Columbus Blue Jackets. Columbus had won seven straight in the series, including a dramatic comeback victory the last time the teams met in Raleigh at the end of December. "We knew we owed em one," Eric Staal said. "We wanted to pay them back for some of the good games they played against us." Staal and his brother, Jordan, helped Carolina make that pregame prediction a reality, combining to score three goals in a 2:47 span in the third period and lifting the Hurricanes to a 3-2 victory. Jordan Staal scored the tiebreaker with 5:55 remaining after Eric had scored twice to help the Hurricanes erase a two-goal deficit and earn their fourth consecutive victory. Anton Khudobin made 22 saves. Carolina moved one point ahead of Columbus in the congested Metropolitan Division with the win. "We knew it was a big game," Carolina coach Kirk Muller said. "You dont want to dwell a lot on it -- let the guys figure it out." R.J. Umberger and Derek MacKenzie scored for the Blue Jackets. Columbus lost its second straight after winning eight in a row. "I dont know if we were trying to hold on or if we were playing the game to win," Columbus coach Todd Richards said. "We gave up three goals in less than 3 minutes. For 57 minutes, I thought we managed it pretty well. Those three minutes, thats the game." After shutting out Carolina in the teams last meeting, reigning Vezina Trophy winner Sergei Bobrovsky made 32 saves for Columbus. On the game-winner, Jordan Staal rushed into the zone against defenceman Ryan Murray. After cutting to the middle of the ice, he nudged a backhander past Bobrovsky while fighting off Murray. "It was a fun comeback," Jordan Staal said. "I had some speed coming low, and just kind of went for it from there. I tried to get my reach out there." Trailing 2-0, Eric Staal got the Hurricanes comeback started when he beat Bobrovsky between the legs after a pass from Alexander Semin. Staal then tied the score with 7:42 remaining after Jiri Tlutsy fed him in the slot. Staals shot fluttered, but the puck sneaked inside the post. Columbus jumped on Carolina in the first period, scoring goals 17 seconds apart to take an early two-goal lead. MacKenzie got the Blue Jackets first goal. Fedor Tyutin took a wrist shot from the slot that hit the post. The rebounded bounced to MacKenzie, who put the puck in the goal before Khudobin could get back in position. After the ensuing faceoff at centre ice, the Blue Jackets forced a turnover along the boards in the Canes zone. The puck eventually made its way to Umberger, who was alone in front of the net, and he scored his third goal in four games. "We came out of the gate well; we were playing well and we went after them," Richards said. After scoring goals on two of their first three shots, the Blue Jackets continued to control much of the action, taking the games first seven shots before Carolina asserted itself. The Hurricanes tied a season high with 17 shots in the second period. NOTES: Columbus came into the game with the best winning percentage in Eastern Conference for the month of January (.818). ... Semin extended his point streak to six games for the Hurricanes. ... Carolina recalled Aaron Palushaj from Charlotte earlier on Monday. He will be eligible to play in the Hurricanes game at Montreal on Tuesday. Cooper Kupp Rams Jersey . Long snapper Patrick Mannelly announced Friday that he is retiring after a 16-year-career with the Bears, a span in which he played in a team record 245 games and snapped the ball 2,282 times. Kurt Warner Womens Jersey .com) - Nino Williams posted 18 points and seven rebounds, as Kansas State edged No. http://www.footballramsshop.us/authentic-cory-littleton-rams-jersey/ . "I love the game, its the best job you can have," he explained Tuesday as the players left Joe Louis Arena for the summer. "Ill sit down with my wife and well go from there. Andrew Whitworth Jersey . A 19-game winner with the New York Yankees in both 2006 and 2007, Wang spent most of this year at Triple-A for the Yankees and Blue Jays. The 33-year-old right-hander was 1-2 with a 7. Cooper Kupp Youth Jersey .Y. -- Kristen Gillman rallied to win the U.PARIS – Milos Raonic is a much different player than the one who lost in the third round of the French Open one year ago. "Not only am I a better player purely all-around, but also on clay," said Raonic, who is seeded eighth, his highest ever ranking at a Grand Slam event. "Last year, coming in, there was a lot of doubts in my mind, struggling with a coaching change [an emotional split with Galo Blanco] and everything and I just wasnt playing my best tennis leading into it or at the event whereas now Im playing some of my best tennis, definitely my best tennis on clay and I feel like Im getting better each week on the clay." Just last week, Raonic came within a few points of knocking off Novak Djokovic at the Masters 1000 event in Rome, ultimately falling 7-6 (5), 6-7 (4), 3-6. After the match, the worlds second-ranked player said he could not remember the last time he felt so "helpless" in the return game. "Thats what I want every single one of my opponents to feel," Raonic said. "I know that when I can make them have a lot of doubts and a lot of insecurities on my service games, my return games get easier, because they feel the pressure that they need these games and its about imposing myself and I felt that in that match, I was able to impose myself." Raonic has won 80 pre cent of his first-serve points on clay this season to lead the ATP Tour. Thats up from the 76 per cent last season. "I think its the serve, but also the confidence I have behind the serve when the ball comes back," Raonic explained. "I think Im structuring points better. A lot of the time when people look at serve stats, they think that its just the serve and nothing happens after that, but its how you back it up and I think it creates more pressure on my opponents that when they do get my serve back, its not just about getting it back, they have to do something with it to at least neutralize [the point], because if I start the point ahead, I can finish it off." Raonic is a much more complete player than the one who burst onto the scene three years ago at the Australian Open advancing all the way to the fourth round. That remains the furthest he has progressed at a major (hes reached that stage four times, including twice at the US Open and once more at the Australian Open in 2013). It also matches the furthest any Canadian man has ever advanced in the singles competition at a Grand Slam event. But all signs point to that changing soon as the big server from Thornhill, Ont. seeks to break down yet another Canadian tennis barrier. He beat Andy Murray, seeded seventh at Roland Garros, earlier this season at Indian Wells. He pushed Rafael Nadal, the top seed in Paris, to threee sets at a hard-court event in Miami this season.dddddddddddd So as he enters the years second Grand Slam, his confidence level against the games elite is very healthy. "Its quite high actually," the 23-year-old said in a matter-of-fact tone. "I feel like every time Im getting better when I put myself in those situations. Its a big focus for me: do well in early rounds so you can face those top guys, because each time you do, youll get more experience." Raonic could get another shot at Djokovic if the draw holds to form and both make it to the quarterfinals, although the road there for the Canadian is littered with tricky propositions. Hell open the tournament on Sunday against Australian wildcard Nicholas Kyrgios. He is ranked 161st right now, but turned heads in Melbourne at the seasons first major by upsetting Benjamin Becker in the first round before falling to Benoit Paire, a top-30 player, in five sets in the second round. The 19-year-old Kyrgios is viewed as a player on the rise. "I followed him a lot, especially in the Australian Open," said Raonic. "He was having some exciting matches. He played really well. He likes to play aggressive. He likes to sort of use the ambiance around him and hes got a big personality in that sense. For me, it really comes down to taking care of what I need to take care of. Ive got to take care of my serve. Ive got to go out there, its the first match, with the attitude. The approach on the mental side is going to be very important and I must make sure I stay with patience. It doesnt matter if moments get difficult, because its still three out of five, just let my game flow and let my game follow." In the second round, Raonic could face 53rd-ranked Czech Lukas Rosol and in the third round, Gilles Simon could be waiting and its certain the Frenchman would have the home fans on his side. Then, should Raonic get to the round of 16, a showdown with ninth-seed Kei Nishikori looms. The Japanese star is 2-0 against Raonic and just beat him in Madrid (straight sets, but both went to a tiebreak). A Canadian man has never made the fourth round at Roland Garros so history seems to be within reach for Raonic, who made it clear he must do better than last years third-round finish if this tournament is to be considered a success for him. And should Raonic make more history at Roland Garros by making the quarterfinals, well, that would be an important milestone, but the rising star is hardly fixated on that benchmark. "It would mean a lot in that moment," he said, "but I dont think it would be very significant at the same time, because my ambitions dont lie in just making the quarterfinals of a Grand Slam." ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Bella Swan
Board Statistics
The forum has 2168 topics and 2220 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Visitor record: 104 users on Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:53 am..