We welcome our 2 newest members: Whitef0x, and that other guy I can't spell lol. Keep bugging Leynore, so he joins.

w Brunswicks Re

in General Chat Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:49 am
by yyys123 | 1.470 Posts

NEWARK, N.J. -- Carolina forward Patrick Dwyer and goalie Cam Ward didnt have time to think about what they were doing on the ice during the biggest moments of the game. Their instincts were good enough to carry the Hurricanes to victory. Dwyer scored a short-handed goal in the second period and Ward made a save while flat on his back in the waning seconds as the Hurricanes held on to defeat the New Jersey Devils 4-3 on Wednesday night. "I just raced down and sometimes its better in that situation because you dont think about what youre going to do," said Dwyer, whose backhand made it 4-1. "You read the goalie and you let your instincts take over. I made the move and I was glad to see it go in." Ward made the most spectacular of his 19 saves while the Devils were pressing forward with six skaters. Adam Henrique appeared to have an open net with Ward flat on his back, but the goalie managed to make a sweeping glove save with 2:33 left. "Mad scramble in front and I was on my back and it was very difficult for me to get up," Ward said. "It was a desperation save. I kept my eyes on it. He gave me a chance by trying to put it in the middle of the net and my glove was there." Jaromir Jagr made it interesting when he scored with 1:47 left for the Devils. It was the 691st goal of his career, moving him past former Pittsburgh Penguins teammate Mario Lemieux for ninth place in NHL history. "Even when we were down, 4-1, we believed we could come back and we almost did," Jagr said. "They were making great blocks all night. They dont hold the puck, they shoot and thats how they scored their goals. We need to put more pucks on net." Justin Faulk scored his first of the season, and Tuomo Ruutu and Ron Hainsey each had a goal for the Hurricanes. Eric Staals assist extended his season-best points streak to seven games. Travis Zajac and Andy Greene also scored for the Devils, who lost their third in a row -- all with Martin Brodeur in goal. New Jersey goalie Cory Schneider told reporters after the teams morning skate that he was "frustrated" Brodeur was scheduled to start for the third straight game. "Yes, Im surprised," Schneider said. "Im trying to work and do what I can, but Id like to see the ice a little bit more." Faulk gave the Hurricanes a 1-0 lead in the first period before Ruutu, Hainsey and Dwyer each scored in the second. Ruutu made it 2-0 at 1:50 of the second after taking a backhand pass from behind the net from Staal. Zajacs goal at 4:21 cut it to 2-1. Hainsey extended the margin with a slap shot that tipped off the stick of Devils centre Patrik Elias and past Brodeur at 8:16. Dwyers short-handed goal came at 15:43 on the first power play of the game for either team. Dwyer stole the puck from Greene and broke in alone, shifted the puck to his backhand and slid it between Brodeurs legs to make it 4-1. "Anytime you can get goals like that on Marty its a big deal, because once he gets rolling he can be hard to beat," Dwyer said. Greene redeemed himself when he unloaded a slap shot that beat Ward, slicing the deficit to 4-2 at 8:30 of the third period. Greenes third goal of the season was set up by Elias and Steve Bernier. Carolina struck at the 6:44 mark of the first period when Faulk fired a low shot from the right point that beat Brodeur to the glove side. Neither team was whistled for a penalty in the first period, with Carolina gaining a 12-6 advantage in shots. Overall the shots were even at 22, with Brodeur stopping 18 before a sellout crowd of 16,592. NOTES: Staal has three goals and five assists during his points streak. ... Dwyer has four goals this season, two short-handed. ... Next up for Jagr on the career goals list are Steve Yzerman (692) and Mark Messier (694). ... C Stephen Gionta (ankle) was placed on injured reserve by the Devils, retroactive to Nov. 23. Jeremy Roenick Jersey . The thunderous cheers quickly changed to an appreciative chant: "Ma-son! Ma-son! Ma-son! Headed to New York with new life, Mason sure earned this curtain call. Alex Goligoski Jersey . And by all indications, the team is expected to select phenom Connor McDavid with their selection. The Buffalo Sabres, who were knocked down to the second overall pick after finishing with the worst regular season record, are expected to take the other generational player in Jack Eichel. https://www.cheapcoyotes.com/1048z-niklas-hjalmarsson-jersey-coyotes.html . With the Pirates in the thick of the race in the NL Central, the timing couldnt be better. Liriano struck out a season-high 11 in seven innings to win consecutive starts for the first time this season and Pittsburgh beat the San Francisco Giants 3-1 on Tuesday night. Darcy Kuemper Jersey .TV Series: Duck Dynasty. Brett Hull Jersey . I kept my eyes focused up on the camera during each approach. I just tried to stay focused on my form, as I didnt know what the ball reaction was. I was quite emotional at the end. I did not actually see any of the shots in the game until I got home and watched the video.LIVERPOOL, N.S. -- Albertas Kelsey Rocque defeated New Brunswicks Jessica Daigle 8-4 on Thursday to lock up a playoff spot at the Canadian junior curling championships. The Edmonton-based team of Rocque, Keely Brown, Taylor McDonald and Claire Tully improved to 8-1 with the victory. Rocque opened the tournament with seven straight victories before dropping a 6-3 decision to Nova Scotias Mary Fay on Wednesday night. The three-team playoff round begins Saturday. "Of course, its always in the back of our minds," Rocque said. "We knew that if we won, we should get a playoff spot. But that (loss), we definitely pushed it aside. We had a rough game last night and we knew we had to come back and play well." B.C.s Kalia Van Osch moved into sole possession of second place at 7-2 after a 7-4 win over Manitobas Meaghan Brezden. Nova Scotias Mary Fay was third at 6-2 while Ontarios Molly Greenwood improved to 6-3 after posting a 9-3 rout of Quebecs Camille Boisvert. The second- and third-place teams will play in the womenss semifinal.dddddddddddd The winner will advance to the gold-medal game Saturday afternoon against the first-place team. In mens play, New Brunswicks Rene Comeau clinched at least a tiebreaker berth with a 5-4 win over Northern Ontarios Tanner Horgan. B.C.s Cameron de Jong beat Braden Calvert 8-6 to hand the Manitoba skip his first loss of the round robin. Manitoba has already clinched a berth in the mens gold-medal game Sunday. Comeau was alone in second place at 7-2 while four rinks were tied at 5-3. Two more draws were scheduled for later Thursday at the Queens Place Emera Centre and the Liverpool Curling Club. Playoff games will be played at Queens Place Emera Centre. Alberta leads all provinces and territories with 16 Canadian junior mens titles since the first tournament in 1950 in Quebec City. Saskatchewan leads with 11 titles since the inaugural junior womens event in 1971 in Vancouver. The 2014 champions will represent Canada at the Feb. 26-March 5 world junior curling championship in Flims, Switzerland. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Bella Swan
Board Statistics
The forum has 2168 topics and 2220 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Visitor record: 104 users on Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:53 am..