We welcome our 2 newest members: Whitef0x, and that other guy I can't spell lol. Keep bugging Leynore, so he joins.

Kenzie, who swatted in a

in General Chat Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:39 pm
by yyys123 | 1.470 Posts

Rachel Homans champion curling rink will have a different look next season. Longtime second Alison Kreviazuk is leaving the Homan team next month after deciding to move to Sweden to be with her boyfriend. Joanne Courtney of Val Sweetings rink will join Homan, lead Lisa Weagle and third Emma Miskew next season. Kreviazuk will close out her 13-year run with Homan at the April 15-20 season-ending Grand Slam Players Championships in Summerside, P.E.I. "Its been something that Ive been considering for a while," Kreviazuk said Tuesday in an interview from Ottawa. "But I gave my team the heads up a couple months ago and just gave them the idea that this was something I was thinking of, so they may want to consider their options. "Theyve made an extremely great choice with Joanne. I think shes going to be a perfect fit for the team." The announcement was made two days after the Homan rink won silver at the world championship in Saint John, N.B. The Canadian side dropped a 9-5 decision to Switzerlands Binia Feltscher in the gold-medal game at Harbour Station. "It definitely didnt affect our performance," Homan said. "If anything, we wanted it that much more." The Ottawa-based team won the Scotties Tournament of Hearts for the first time last year and went on to win bronze at the 2013 world championship in Riga, Latvia. Kreviazuk has spent the last decade curling with Homan and Miskew while Weagle joined the team four years ago. "Ali is an amazing curler and such a wonderful person, shes difficult to replace," Weagle said. "But I think in Joanne weve found someone who is a phenomenal curler and in my opinion, the best womens sweeper in the world. I think that she will be a good fit for our team. "It will be different but were excited about what the next four years have in store for Team Homan." Kreviazuks peers voted her the winner of the Frances Brodie Award for sportsmanship at last weeks world championship. The 25-year-old also won silver at the 2010 world junior championship as the teams alternate. "I think our progress is what was so tremendous," Kreviazuk said. "Every year we kept improving. Each year there (were) new opportunities. It was such a pleasure to play with (them). "Every year there was something to celebrate." Kreviazuk, who worked at a car dealership for two years before becoming a full-time curler this season, has yet to make a decision about her curling future. Her boyfriend, Fredrik Lindberg, plays second for Swedish skip Niklas Edin. Sweden won Olympic bronze at the Sochi Games last month and took the world title last year in Victoria. "Obviously were sad that shes leaving but Im really happy that shes made a decision that makes her happy," Homan said. Courtneys rink finished second to Homan at the national championships last month in Montreal. The 25-year-old from Edmonton plans to live in Ottawa during the curling season. "We feel Joanne is a great fit with our team and someone who shares our team goals and passion for the game," Homan said. "It will be a big change but we are excited that she has decided to join us for the next Olympic cycle." Sweetings team reacted to the news on Twitter. "Surprised and unfortunate to see her go but we wish Joanne the best of luck with (at)TeamHoman .curling," the team said in a tweet. Courtney has also represented Alberta at two Canadian Interuniversity Sport national championships. "I was honoured to be asked to join Team Homan," she said in a statement. "I have played against them on numerous occasions so I know what kind of talent they bring to the table. I know I have big shoes to fill in replacing Alison and I cant wait to get on the ice with them to start preparing for next season. "I had a wonderful run with Val, Dana Ferguson and Rachelle Pidherny and I cant thank them enough for our seasons together." Courtney spent the last three seasons with the Sweeting rink, which is ranked 10th on the World Curling Tours order of merit. The skip was surprised when Courtney broke the news to her over the phone Monday night. "I didnt see it coming, especially based on conversations that had taken place within the team after the Scotties," Sweeting said from Vegreville, Alta. "I dont know when the offer came to her but it is what it is. When opportunities like that come around in curling, you have to take them. We understand, it happens. "Its unfortunate for us in this particular moment but all we can do is look forward and keep building." Sweeting added her team will take some time before deciding on a replacement. Richie Guerin Jersey . The Flames announced Monday that Treliving, a former assistant general manager with the Coyotes, will take over the vacant GM spot in Calgary. "Im ready for this,"Treliving said. Josh Childress Jersey . The question all fans want to know heading into this light heavyweight affair is will Rua display his true potential. Working with UFC welterweight fighter Demian Maias team in Sao Paulo Brazil and having training partners such as fellow UFC stand outs Fabio Maldonado and Daniel Sarafian, the 32-year old feels very well prepared for Friday nights encounter. https://www.cheaphawks.com/214r-bob-pettit-jersey-hawks.html . MLS Commissioner Don Garber and Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez also will attend the session, which was announced Monday. The league has discussed placing its next two expansion teams in Miami and Atlanta. Connie Hawkins Jersey . -- Pelicans coach Monty Williams does not expect guard Eric Gordon to play in any of New Orleans final five games this season. Josh Smith Jersey . on the 15-day disabled Monday list because of a strained right hamstring. ST. JOHNS, N.L. -- Travis Morin scored twice, including in overtime, as the Texas Stars clawed back from a three-goal deficit to rally past the St. Johns IceCaps 4-3 on Monday night and take a 3-1 series lead in the American Hockey Leagues Calder Cup final. Despite being outplayed through the first period, Stars coach Willie Desjardins said the team was waiting for the chance to get back in the game. "The guys knew we werent playing good and knew we had to do better. We knew we had to go hard and hope we caught a break," said Desjardins. "Getting those two goals at the end of the second (period) gave us some life." Morin sealed the win when he capitalized on a one-time opportunity 2:24 into overtime, burying the puck top corner from the slot with a quick wrist shot. "It was obviously a big goal," he said. "We had a lot of momentum going after getting that one in the third. It seems like most games we play in overtime this post-season, we get it done as quickly as we can. I was flying up the backside and Brendan Ranford made a great pass. I didnt get all of (the puck). I really wanted to, but I didnt. It sort of fluttered over his shoulder." Morin said his line with Ranford and Curtis McKenzie has had chemistry the entire post-season, and continues to produce. "We all contributed, it was a complete effort from our whole line. We all know our roles and we all know what to do. Were unselfish and not afraid to make a better pass for a better scoring opportunity." McKenzie and Brett Ritchie also scored for Texas. Ben Chiarot, CCarl Klingberg and Kael Mouillierat scored for St.dddddddddddd Johns. Chiarot opened the scoring for the IceCaps while shorthanded when his wrist shot from the point found its way through traffic at the 13:02 mark of the first period. Klingberg gave the IceCaps a two-goal lead when he finished off a give-and-go with Mouillierat 57 seconds into the second period by carrying the puck to the net on his backhand and burying it high glove. The IceCaps scored again at the 8:21 mark of the second when Mouillierat hit a one-time slap shot from the top of the right face-off dot on a Will ONeill pass during a 5-on-3 power play. Morin ended the drought for Texas when he tapped in a goal five-hole in the slot with 4:27 left in the second period. The Stars pulled within one through McKenzie, who swatted in a loose puck bouncing around the crease with 1:51 remaining in the second. With 2:19 left in the third period, Ritchie tied the game for the Stars when he finished off a good spell of puck possession with a quick wrist shot in the slot. IceCaps goalie Michael Hutchinson made 34 saves while Texas goaltender Cristopher Nilstrop stopped 32 shots. Morin said the Game 4 win is key in the Stars ability to close out the series. "(Winning Monday) was big. It guarantees us having three shots at it. If we need it, two of those shots will be in our building. Thats what we worked for all year, to get those opportunities, but we would love to take care of it tomorrow night. Game 5 is Tuesday night in St. Johns. Game 6 and 7, if necessary, will be back in Cedar Park, Texas. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Bella Swan
Board Statistics
The forum has 2168 topics and 2220 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Visitor record: 104 users on Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:53 am..