We welcome our 2 newest members: Whitef0x, and that other guy I can't spell lol. Keep bugging Leynore, so he joins.

ond-inning bunt. Jea

in General Chat Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:07 am
by yyys123 | 1.470 Posts

TAMPA, Fla. - Nothing Aaron Rodgers does as a quarterback surprises the Packers.The NFLs top-rated passer shrugged off the flu and played most of Sunday with a strained left calf, leading Green Bay to a 20-3 victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers — clinching at least a wild-card playoff berth.The win set up a showdown with Detroit for the NFC North title next Sunday at Lambeau Field.Rodgers threw for 318 yards and one touchdown and Eddie Lacy scored on a 44-yard run for the Packers (11-4), who rebounded from a loss to Buffalo that cost them sole possession of first place in the division.Ill be OK for next week. I hurt my calf pretty good, but the training staff helped me kind of get through it, Rodgers said, adding he was injured on Green Bays second offensive possession.It got really tight about halftime. Came in and got a little treatment, it loosened up just a tad, but it was still pretty tight. ... I was able to move in short segments in the pocket, which was all I needed to do today.Lacy finished with 99 yards rushing on 17 attempts. Jordy Nelson caught a 1-yard TD pass in the fourth quarter and had nine receptions for 113 yards, while Rodgers completed 11 throws to Randall Cobb for 131 yards.Ive obviously been with Aaron the whole time. You see him do things on the football field, as far as making plays and this and that. I think the last couple of days, you see the kind of warrior he is, Packers coach Mike McCarthy said. He battled whatever illness hes had the last couple of days and then goes out and strains his calf the first or second series. He didnt want to come out. ... Really a gritty performance by Aaron.As for the showdown with the Lions (11-4), McCarthy added:Weve won six out of seven games, so Id like to classify that as playing a lot of solid football, thats for sure, McCarthy said. Well clean this game up tomorrow; well be on it. Well also start on Detroit. I like where were at, and I really like this football team. ... I feel good about the offence, defence and special teams.Rodgers rebounded from the only game this season in which hes failed to throw for a touchdown, completing 31 of 40 passes without an interception. He threw 24 yards to Nelson on third-and-13 to extend the drive that produced Lacys long TD run, and a 19-yard completion to Nelson set up Rodgers 36th TD pass of the year with 2:45 remaining.I battled the flu the past couple of days pretty bad, and thats why I was surprised I hurt my calf because I hydrated like no other (week), Rodgers said. I was drinking a ton of water before the game.Unfortunately, the calf kind of gave up on me there. But it was a good win for us. The defence played great. Offensively, it wasnt pretty, but we had enough points to win.The Bucs (2-13) have lost five straight and remain in contention for the first overall pick in the 2015 draft. Their sputtering offence was held to a season-low 109 net yards; Josh McCown was sacked seven times and intercepted once; and Doug Martin was held to 17 yards rushing on 10 attempts.We picked the worst possible time to play our worst (offensive) game, Tampa Bay coach Lovie Smith said. Wed liked to have fought them a lot harder than we did. I think the guys tried to play hard. Defensively we hung in there and kept them out of the end zone a lot. But its hard to win games when you put up that kind of offensive production ... which was very little.The Bucs kept it close with a solid if not particularly flashy defensive performance. They forced Rodgers fourth turnover in two weeks with Michael Johnsons sack-fumble, and a goal-line stand denied the Packers points in the third quarter after Lacy gained 5 yards on first down to the Bucs 1. Lacy and John Kuhn were stopped for no gain on the next two plays, then Rodgers threw an incompletion in the end zone on fourth down.Nevertheless, the Packers wound up with 431 yards total offence.McCown, meanwhile, was 12 of 26 for 147 yards. Mike Evans had four receptions for 49 yards and Vincent Jackson had three for 60 yards, moving both of them to the brink of 1,000-yard seasons.To see the defence and the way that it played, its frustrating, man, McCown said. You cant do that (the offensive performance). Weve got to be better than that.NOTES: The Bucs began the game with five conseuctive three-and-outs. ... LB Julius Peppers had two of Green Bays seven sacks and forced a fumble. LB Clay Matthews had 2 1-2 sacks. In 17 career games against Tampa Bay, Peppers has 17 1-2 sacks, four forced fumbles, one fumble recovery and an interception returned for a TD. ... Green Bay improved to 4-0 following a loss this season.__AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Air Jordan 1 Retro . The England international raised his middle finger toward Manchester City supporters during Saturdays game at Etihad Stadium, which Arsenal lost 6-3. The incident was not seen by match officials at the time but the FA charged Wilshere retrospectively after a study of video footage. Air Jordan 1 Outlet .com) - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers quickly found themselves a new offensive coordinator, and one thats quite familiar with the NFC South. https://www.cheapairjordan1outlet.com/ . Grimes signed a $32 million, four-year contract to remain with Miami. The deal, which includes $16 million guaranteed, rewards Grimes for his recovery from an Achilles tendon injury that forced him to miss almost all of the 2012 season. Air Jordan 1 Discount . Langer appeared to be in trouble when his second shot on the par-5 18th ended up in the rough short of the green. He hit a brilliant pitch to 5 feet and made the putt after Slumans birdie attempt rolled just wide. Air Jordan 1 From China . -- Arizona coach Bruce Arians says there "were obviously very, very many problems" with the officiating in the Cardinals 24-21 loss at Philadelphia. ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Pedro Alvarezs first homer in almost three weeks helped the Pittsburgh Pirates improve to .500 for just the second time in more than two months. The slumping 2013 co-NL home run champion backed Edinson Volquezs pitching with a three-run shot, keying an 8-1 victory over the sputtering Tampa Bay Rays on Monday night. "It always helps, obviously, when I can contribute to a team victory," said Alvarez, whos hitting .232 with 12 homers and 38 RBIs. "Ive always said sometimes results arent indicative of how you may feel at the plate, and I feel like Im a good place," the slugger added. "Im just going to continue to work." Andrew McCutchen went 3 for 5, drove in two runs and stole two bases for the Pirates in a homecoming of sorts for last years NL MVP, who grew up in nearby Fort Meade and had never played before at Tropicana Field. He also scored twice in Pittsburghs first appearance in St. Petersburg since 2003. Alvarez, who hadnt homered since June 3, went deep off Alex Cobb (2-6) during a four-run fourth inning that also featured the first of McCutchens two RBI singles. The first-pitch, 419-foot drive over the wall in centre field snapped a season-high 16-game stretch without a homer -- Alvarezs longest since a 22-game drought that began in September 2012 and extended into last season. "A lot of times people have been taking their chances with Pedro, and hes an important part of our offence," Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said. "We need him to fire, we need him to drive in runs and that was very good to see. Three-run homers always play well." Volquez (5-6) allowed five hits in a season-high eight innings. James Loney drove in Tampa Bays only run with a two-out, first-inning single, and the Pirates supported their starting pitcher by turning three double plays. "I got a lot of help," Volquez said. The Pirates climbed to .500 (38-38) for just the second timme since April 17, when they were 8-8.dddddddddddd They have won four of five following a three-game skid and are a NL-best 26-18 since May 6. Tampa Bay has dropped 19 of its past 27 and is saddled with the worst record in the major leagues at 31-47. "I feel like with every loss its an opportunity missed," Cobb said, adding if the Rays are going to turn their season around theyve got to get on a roll soon. McCutchen, who is batting .366 in June, boosted his average in 11 interleague games to .425 with nine walks, four doubles and seven RBIs. His run-scoring single off Cobb moved him ahead of Brian Giles for the Pirates career record for RBIs in interleague action with 52. He added another in the ninth off Kirby Yates. Alvarez, meanwhile, is hitting .317 with two home runs and eight RBIs against AL teams this season. Cobb, making his seventh start since spending five weeks on the disabled list with a left oblique strain, allowed six runs and six hits in five innings. Volquez won for the third time in his last five starts. The right-hander walked two, struck out one and didnt allow a hit after the fourth inning. Three of Tampa Bays six hits were infield singles, including Kevin Kiermaiers second-inning bunt. Jeanmar Gomez pitched the ninth for the Pirates, yielding a two-out single to Loney. NOTES: Pirates OF Starling Marte was back in the lineup after missing two games tending to a personal matter at home in the Dominican Republic. ... Pittsburgh RHP Gerrit Cole (right shoulder fatigue) threw 83 pitches over six innings in a simulated game and could rejoin the rotation this weekend. ... Pirates 2B Neil Walker (appendectomy) is expected to be reinstated from the DL Tuesday. ... The Rays havent announced if RHP Jeremy Hellickson (elbow) will need one more minor league start before returning. .. Tampa Bay 1B-OF Jerry Sands has a wrist injury, which Rays manager Joe Maddon said could require surgery. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Bella Swan
Board Statistics
The forum has 2168 topics and 2220 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Visitor record: 104 users on Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:53 am..