We welcome our 2 newest members: Whitef0x, and that other guy I can't spell lol. Keep bugging Leynore, so he joins.

gue Player of the

in General Chat Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:30 pm
by yyys123 | 1.470 Posts

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Even Peyton Manning realizes hes ready for the regular season. Or at least darn close. Manning threw a 17-yard touchdown pass to Julius Thomas and dominated in his two series, leading the Denver Broncos past the San Francisco 49ers 34-0 on Sunday to spoil the NFL debut at sparkling $1.2 billion Levis Stadium. "Its been a good start. Thats all it is, though," Manning said. "Weve still got some things we have to improve on." The 38-year-old Manning, beginning his 17th season after throwing for an NFL-record 55 touchdowns last year, completed 12 of 14 passes for 102 yards and a 120.8 rating. He was 8 for 8 on Denvers second drive, then backup Brock Osweiler took over and threw for a score and led another touchdown drive in a preseason matchup of the past two Super Bowl losers. Colin Kaepernick went 5 for 9 for 39 yards in his two series before a sellout crowd at the teams flashy new digs in the heart of Silicon Valley. Major League Soccers San Jose Earthquakes beat the Seattle Sounders in the stadiums first sporting event Aug. 2. Demaryius Thomas had three catches on Denvers opening drive, including a 20-yard gain. That gives Thomas 10 receptions for 89 yards in Denvers two victories against the NFC Wests powerhouses, the Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks and San Francisco. "Coming off last year, losing the Super Bowl like we did, coming into OTAs I think everybody had a different mindset," Demaryius Thomas said. "You can see it with older guys, new guys. Our main thing was going out and being able to convert, and as a defence stop guys. If were going to be stopped, were going to stop ourselves." C.J. Anderson ran for a 1-yard TD, while Matt Prater kicked a 26-yard field goal and Mitch Ewald added a late 22-yarder. San Franciscos typically spot-on Phil Dawson sailed two long kicks wide right. Denver did it on defence, too, getting two interceptions and a fumble recovery and a goal-line stand to end the game. The Broncos recovered another fumble on special teams. "It was a great moment for our defence," defensive lineman Marvin Austin said. "Its real hard to put up a goose egg in a preseason game." The 49ers lost safety Antoine Bethea to a concussion early in the second quarter. He was able to walk off on his own, but later left for the locker room. Denver linebacker Lamin Barrow limped off early in the second half with a lower leg injury, then the Broncos lost tight end Gerrell Robinson to a knee injury. Linebacker Jamar Chaney injured a hamstring, coach John Fox said. As San Francisco struggled in all phases, tens of thousands of fans made their way out midway through the third quarter -- certainly helping to alleviate traffic concerns. The 49ers ended a four-decade run at Candlestick Park last season. "We have to tighten this down fast," coach Jim Harbaugh said. "We have work to do, theres no doubt about it." Two key members of San Franciscos offence made their first appearances of the preseason, with Frank Gore running for 9 yards on the first of his two carries. Wide receiver Michael Crabtree also appeared as defensive stars Patrick Willis and Justin Smith got the day off. Broncos cornerback Kayvon Webster missed the game after spraining an ankle during Saturdays practice. Denver already was thin as Chris Harris Jr. returns from tearing his left anterior cruciate ligament during the playoffs. Kaepernick had his chances during his brief stint on the field. On third-and-4 from the 37 the first drive, Kaepernick barely overthrew Brandon Lloyd in the end zone. Dawson then missed his first field goal attempt in the new stadium, sending a 55-yarder wide right. He missed wide right again from the other end on a 44-yarder late in the first half, and these werent in the unpredictable elements of Candlestick. The 49ers are scoreless in their last seven quarters and have been outscored 57-3 this preseason. They lost 23-3 at Baltimore on Aug. 7. "Its the preseason, but it all means something," left tackle Joe Staley said. "Scoring points is the name of the game, and we havent done it. ... It will be a real test this week to see how we rebound from this." Air Force 1 Pas Cher Outlet . Not that he was complaining. Davis had 13 points, nine rebounds and a career-high eight blocks, and the New Orleans Pelicans emphatically snapped a three-game skid with a 135-98 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers on Saturday night. Air Jordan 1 Femme Pas Cher . -- Phil Hughes ended a personal losing streak that dated to last July, pitching into the seventh inning Sunday and helping the Twins top the Kansas City Royals 8-3 to avoid a three-game sweep. http://www.pascherbasketnike.fr/france-balenciaga-solde.html . The motion to expand the stadiums capacity passed through by a count of 39-3, with Toronto mayor Rob Ford being among those in opposition. Vans Old Skool Outlet . "It feels good, Ive never had one before, not even in College," Hagelin said after the Rangers outgunned the Jets 4-2, behind some solid goaltending from Henrik Lundqvist following a pretty wide open first period. Vapormax Pas Cher . - On the night Dirk Nowitzki overtook Dominique Wilkins on the career scoring list, Brandan Wright was a human highlight film all by himself.TORONTO - Major League Baseball isnt always about the first class charter flights, the five-star hotels and the gourmet food. For bubble players like Chad Jenkins and Jonathan Diaz, there can be days like Monday. Jenkins, the 26-year-old bullpen long man, is up for a third time already this season. Diaz is a 29-year-old utility infielder whos back for a second go round. "He was supposed to get on the plane with me," said Jenkins. "We checked our bags, got our little boarding pass and both of ours said get your seat at the gate." But Diaz didnt join Jenkins on the Monday morning flight from Charlotte, where the Triple-A Bisons were playing the White Soxs affiliate the Knights, because the flight was oversold. "I was panicking," said Jenkins. "I was like, um, I dont know what to do, should we call (traveling secretary) Mike (Shaw) and see who they need more and that person gets on the plane first?" Jenkins went ahead and boarded the plane. Diaz was on the phone with Shaw. The flight was re-booked. Jenkins promised Diaz hed pick up his teammates bags, which already had been placed in the plane. Jenkins arrived in Toronto in plenty of time to arrive to the stadium for three oclock. Diaz, who was in the starting lineup at shortstop to accommodate a day off for Jose Reyes, pulled in closer to six oclock. "Its been an awful day," said Jenkins. "Travel has been awful." He can only smile when he reflects upon the last two weeks of his life. Jenkins was first recalled on April 26. He spent two nights in Toronto and then boarded a flight to Kansas City with his teammates. After three nights in the Midwest, he flew with the Blue Jays to Pittsburgh. After one night there, Jenkins was optioned to Triple-A Buffalo. The driver got lost on the way to Buffalo, which added more than an hour to the trip. The next day, he was back in a car from Buffalo to Pittsburgh, recalled as Brandon Morrows injury replacement. He flew to Philadelphia with the team, spent two nights there and returned to Toronto for two more nights. Jenkins flew to Atlanta when he was optioned after Thursdays game, speent time with his parents and they drove together to meet the Bisons in Charlotte on Saturday.dddddddddddd Monday morning, he left Charlotte for Toronto. "My back doesnt know what a solid mattress feels like for more than three days," said Jenkins. "Its been fun. Its been a ride. Its been crazy." Jenkins participated in a Shoot For A Cure charity event in Atlanta and spent time with his father, Steve. He enjoyed a Mothers Day dinner with his mom, Gail, on Sunday night. In between, he pitched two innings for the Bisons on Saturday night and was pleased with the result given the travel and the resultant infrequent throwing schedule. "I got on the mound and thats the best command Ive had on my sinker all year," said Jenkins. "I was throwing front doors, I was throwing the back door to the righty where I was going out and coming back and I had two strike outs looking. I was like, what happened? Where did this come from? I threw the other night, my arm feels good and I feel like my command is coming back and Im hoping it stays." ENCARNACION HONOURED Edwin Encarnacion is heating up, so much so that Major League Baseball is taking notice, naming the Blue Jays first baseman the American League Player of the Week. In seven games from May 5-11, Encarnacion went 9-28 (.321) with four home runs, a triple and two doubles. ROSTER MOVES The Blue Jays have made 42 roster moves as of Monday, with the disabling of Sergio Santos, the recalls of Chad Jenkins and Jonathan Diaz and the optioning of Erik Kratz to Triple-A Buffalo. The moves break down like this: 10 relate to the disabled list; 16 involve recalls or minor league contract selections; 10 involve players being optioned to the minor leagues; six players have been designated for assignment. If it seems like the Blue Jays tinker with the roster a lot its because they do. You may be surprised, however, to learn the Yankees have made more roster moves than Toronto. Heres the American League East divisional breakdown as of May 12: New York Yankees: 49Toronto Blue Jays: 42Baltimore Orioles: 37Tampa Bay Rays: 31Boston Red Sox: 21 ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Bella Swan
Board Statistics
The forum has 2168 topics and 2220 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Visitor record: 104 users on Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:53 am..