We welcome our 2 newest members: Whitef0x, and that other guy I can't spell lol. Keep bugging Leynore, so he joins.

y of injuries that hit the B

in General Chat Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:09 pm
by yyys123 | 1.470 Posts

TAMPA, Fla. - A scoreless night from star Steven Stamkos was no problem for the surging Tampa Bay Lightning.Cedric Paquette scored his first two NHL goals as the Lightning completed a four-game home sweep by beating the Calgary Flames 5-2 on Thursday night.Tampa Bay also got goals from Brian Boyle, Tyler Johnson and Valtteri Filppula. The Lightning had scored 15 goals during three wins earlier in the homestand against Arizona, Philadelphia and Washington.Its big if Stammers line is not going, somebody else is picking that up, Tampa Bay coach Jon Cooper said.Stamkos was held without a point, finished minus-1, and got both of his shots during a third period in which the centre played just five shifts.Jiri Hudler and Sean Monahan scored for the Flames, who had won three in a row. Mark Giordano had two assists.I felt that the effort was there, Calgary coach Bob Hartley said. I dont think that we looked like a bunch of fat cats out there. Its not a matter that they outworked us. They outsmarted us because we made some bad mistakes, but its a game of mistakes. No one does it on purpose, especially not in this organization.After Paquettes second goal at 61 seconds of the second period, Boyle put Tampa Bay up 3-1 at 4:02 on the rebound after Jonas Hiller stopped the forwards initial shot during a short-handed breakaway.Weve got it going pretty good up and down the lineup, Boyle said. We want to continue that.Monahans power-play goal 20 seconds after Boyle scored cut the Calgary deficit to 3-2.Johnsons first goal in 12 games made it 4-2 at 40 seconds of the third. The centre had 13 assists over the previous nine games.Filppula added an empty-net goal with 2:10 to play.We were forcing things, especially after they got up, Giordano said. I think we were forcing more than we normally do.Paquette opened the scoring with his first NHL goal from in-close at 9:55 of the first.Its a great moment for me, Paquette said. I think I will remember it for the rest of my life.Hudler tied it at 1-1 when he beat Ben Bishop with 4:38 left in the period.Bishop stopped 29 shots, while Hiller made 28 saves.NOTES: NHL commissioner Gary Bettman attended the game and said the league is keeping our eye on Tampa for future events including the All-Star Game. We know this is a great place to host events, Bettman said. ... Bettman remains upbeat about the establishment of a hockey World Cup and said talks are continuing with the players association. ... Tampa Bay D Victor Hedman had the cast for a broken finger removed but could miss three to four more weeks. ... Calgary D Ladislav Smid was scratched because of an upper body injury but should play this weekend. ... Lightning C Alex Killorn sat out due to an upper body injury. ... Tampa Bay D Andrej Sustr returned after missing one game with a hand injury. Wholesale Yeezy 350 . Edwin Encarnacion carried the torch for two days at Fenway Park this week; Melky Cabrera and Jose Bautista have had their moments; lately Anthony Gose has contributed. Wholesale Yeezy 350 v2 Static . The Canadian Luge Association officially named seven athletes to the 2014 Olympic team Tuesday. Edney, will lead teenagers John Fennell and Mitchel Malyk into their first Games in mens singles. Tristan Walker and Justin Snith will represent Canada in doubles, while Gough, will be joined by Kimberley McRae in womens singles. http://www.yeezys350cheap.com/fake-yeezy-350-v2-wholesale.html . Gough finished in fourth, 0.433 seconds behind American Erin Hamlin, who took the bronze medal at the Sanki Sliding Center in Rzhanaya Polyana. Yeezy 350 v2 Clay Fake . Calgary finished atop the CFL standings with a 14-4 record and earned the right to host the West Division final at McMahon Stadium on Nov. Cheap Yeezys Fake . -- Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh says he isnt going to change what he does on the field.MILWAUKEE - While Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun doesnt think he can ever stop apologizing, hes also ready for a new chapter in his baseball career. Its been a unique off-season for Braun, the 2011 NL MVP trying to make amends with fans and teammates following his 65-game suspension last year for violating Major League Baseballs anti-drug agreement. "I dont ever know if I could apologize enough for whats occurred, you know? I just continue to move forward and obviously Ill be apologetic," Braun said Sunday morning before an appearance at Brewers On Deck, the teams annual off-season fan event. Save for one heckler, Braun received a relatively warm welcome. At one point, he got a standing ovation when introduced on stage for a "Hollywood Squares" type game show. "I wish I could go back and do things differently, but I cant. All I can do is move forward and make the best of the opportunities presented to me," Braun told reporters. The event at a downtown Milwaukee convention centre was Brauns first major public appearance since his admission last year that he took performance-enhancing drugs and accepted his suspension in late July, abandoning claims he was innocent. Since then, Braun has kept in touch with management and teammates. Hes made at least one low-key appearance for a charity, and spoke to the media the day before Thanksgiving at a food drive at Miller Park. "Ive been hanging out with him. Its all good. I think hes just ready to move on like we all are," catcher Jonathan Lucroy said. Braun said he thinks hes called every suite holder and many season ticket holders, and he said it he had one "really challenging conversation." It matters what people think, he said. "Ive always taken tremendous pride in being a role model. I made a huge mistake. Ive paid a great price for that mistake," he said. "I deeply regret it.dddddddddddd I wish I could change it." Despite all thats happened, there were still a fair number of fans wearing No. 8 Braun jerseys on Sunday. When asked his first question on the mock game show, a heckler from the audience yelled "You know hes lying." Braun ignored the jab but played it off his next time up. "As a fan so graciously pointed out, Ive gotten in trouble in the past for not being completely forthcoming," Braun said. Manager Ron Roenicke said it was important for Braun to build his relationship with fans the community, though getting back to the level of interaction and acceptance from before the suspension wont "happen overnight." "Hes served the penalty Major League Baseball has come up with, and hopefully thats beyond what we need to address now," Roenicke said. Suspension aside, a thumb injury also limited Braun — part of a litany of injuries that hit the Brewers. Braun hit .298 with nine homers and 38 RBIs in 61 games, by far the worst production of his career. That was in left field. This year, hes moving to right. The Brewers are realigning their outfield following the trade of Norichika Aoki to Kansas City and the emergence down the stretch of rookie Khris Davis in left. Braun isnt worried about a drop-off in production. "No, I think Ill be better than Ive ever been. Very confident in that," he said. The thumb feels good. Braun also got married in the off-season. Spring training starts in a less than a month, and he hasnt been this eager to get started since 2011. Braun declined comment when asked about the 162-game suspension of Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez, who is suing to get his punishment overturned. Braun said "he hasnt really paid close attention to his situation." AP freelance writers Andrew Wagner and Joe Totoraitis contributed to this report. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Bella Swan
Board Statistics
The forum has 2168 topics and 2220 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Visitor record: 104 users on Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:53 am..