We welcome our 2 newest members: Whitef0x, and that other guy I can't spell lol. Keep bugging Leynore, so he joins.

handed pass from the top

in General Chat Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:08 pm
by yyys123 | 1.470 Posts

SYLVANIA, Ohio -- Now that shes officially a millionaire, Lydia Ko joked shell have to keep a closer watch on where her paychecks go. "Ill probably see that going into my moms account," she said with a laugh, referring to the $210,000 she got for winning Sundays Marathon Classic. The 17-year-old broke free from a late tie with So Yeon Ryu, hitting a wedge to 4 feet for birdie on the 72nd hole to take the lead. Then she tried in vain -- shes just 5-foot-5 -- to see past the large gallery at 18 as Ryu missed a 6-foot birdie putt on the final hole that would have forced a playoff. "I couldnt see it properly. I was behind some people," she said after her second LPGA Tour victory that matched the two Canadian Open titles she won as an amateur. "But I kind of could tell what happened by the crowds reaction." She became the youngest player to top $1 million in career earnings on the LPGA Tour. Ko is roughly 17 months younger than Lexi Thompson, previously the youngest. Ko has shown incredible consistency in her rookie year on tour, making the cut in all 15 tournaments shes entered. She has six top-10 finishes in addition to her wins, with five of those being top-fives. Ryu had poured in a big-breaking, 25-foot birdie putt on the 17th to pull even. But then Ko stuck her approach at the par-5 closing hole and calmly rolled in the birdie putt for a 6-under 65 that left her at 15-under 269. Ryu hit a brilliant third shot to the green, but pushed her 6-footer at the 18th. "Absolutely Im disappointed I missed (that) birdie putt," she said. "Sometimes if I get something lucky, then I get something that is unlucky. I just accept it and let it go." Ko was resilient, also shrugging aside a challenge from veteran Cristie Kerr, who pulled into a tie with her on the homeward nine. Ko, who proudly bears the flag of her native New Zealand on her golf bag, started the final round in fifth place, three shots behind co-leaders Laura Diaz and Lee-Anne Pace. While they foundered, she crept up the leaderboard with birdies at holes 3 and 4. She tied for the top spot with a 12-foot birdie putt at the par-3 eighth, then took a solo lead for the first time after hitting her approach to 10 feet at the 10th. Kerr, seeking her 17th career victory, rolled in a left-to-right breaker from 15 feet at the 13th to pull even. But her approach on the 399-yard, par-4 15th missed left and settled into heavy rough. She muscled the pitch shot onto the green, but it rolled 6 feet past and she lipped out the par putt. Kerr, who shot a 67 to finish three shots back in third, failed to apply pressure when she could not birdie the closing two par-5s. "I had a good/bad week," she said. "I didnt play 17 and 18 well all week. If youre going to win here you have to take advantage of those holes." Ko hit a pitching wedge from 121 yards to 6 feet past the pin, then rolled in the downhill putt for a two-shot lead at the 16, but Ryu birdied four of six holes late in her round to tie. Playing in the pairing immediately in front of Ryu, Ko hit three perfect shots on the closing par-5, which is bisected by a large, deep valley with a creek at the bottom. Her 72-yard chip shot nestled 4 feet away and she drilled it into the heart of the hole to regain the lead. Ryus third on the final hole ended up pin-high and 6 feet away. But she pushed the putt off the right edge, the large gallery groaning as the ball rolled past. Ryus 67 left her at 270. Kelly Tan (67), Katherine Kirk (68) and Pace (71) were at 273. Diaz, who led almost from the start after birdieing her first five holes on Thursday, lapsed to a 75 and finished at 277. Ko came into the round, which was delayed an hour by fog, vowing to shoot a 65. After she did it and collected the routine over-sized cardboard check, she pondered what she might do now that shes a millionaire. "I may do one of those teenage things -- like getting something electronic," she said with a grin. Wholesale Custom Jerseys .Y. - For once, Clayton Kershaw was glad to see a long shutout streak end. Fake Jerseys 2020 . "Weve given ourselves now a tougher task," said Carlyle after the Friday practice, the Toronto head coach notably chipper and upbeat throughout. "But the bottom line is we just have to win our share of games [and] not worry about what anybody else is doing. http://www.jerseyscheapcustom.com/ . According to a police report, Douglas is accused of grabbing his girlfriend by the neck and slamming her against the wall several times while he carried her from the elevator to their Hartford hotel room early Sunday morning. Wholesale Authentic Jerseys . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. Cheap Fake Jerseys Free Shipping .com) - Oregon wasnt going to let Arizona ruin its national title dreams for a second straight season.Los Angeles, CA (SportsNetwork.com) - Kobe Bryant scored 21 of his 32 points in the second half and the Los Angeles Lakers defeated the Sacramento Kings 98-95 on Tuesday night. Bryant is 31 points away from passing Michael Jordan for third place on the NBAs all-time scoring list. His final two points of the night came after he sunk a pair of free throws with 15.6 seconds left for a 98-95 advantage, and the Kings never got a good look from beyond the arc. They settled for a Nik Stauskas step-through 3- pointer from the top of the arc, which clanked off the front of the rim. Carlos Boozer posted 15 points and nine rebounds for the Lakers, who had dropped seven of their last nine games coming in. I just wanted to keep us in it, Bryant said. Down the stretch we were active defensively. We made steals and our energy carried us through. Darren Collison had 26 points and six assists, while Rudy Gay added 23 points for Sacramento, which has lost six of its last eight contests. We defended well, but offensively we had a lack of execution down the stretch, Kings coach Michael Malone said. The Lakers trailed 88-881 with 8:42 left before Wesley Johnson knocked down a left wing triple to cap a 6-0 spurt to get them within 88-87 with 4:34 to go.dddddddddddd. Bryants trey with 2:16 on the clock tied it at 92-92. A possession later, Bryant threaded the needle with a one-handed pass from the top of the arc which found Jordan Hill inside, and his layup put the Lakers in front, 94-93, with 1:39 to go. Collison drove in from the right wing with a nifty left-handed reverse with 42.9 ticks remaining, but two Bryant free throws with 34.4 to play staked LA to a 96-95 edge. Earlier, the Kings led 29-24 after a quarter of play and headed into the locker room with a 55-46 cushion at the break. Collison nailed a jumper in the waning seconds of the third and Sacramento headed into the fourth with an 81-78 advantage. Game Notes Bryant came in averaging an NBA-best 25.2 points per game despite shooting a career-worst 38.9 percent from the field ... Los Angeles improved to 3-9 at Staples Center this season ... LA netted 21 points off 16 Sacramento turnovers and committed just five giveaways. ' ' 'aid to myself, well, this is the last time youll do this. And this is the last time Ill do this. I think the emotion will come later." ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Bella Swan
Board Statistics
The forum has 2168 topics and 2220 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Visitor record: 104 users on Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:53 am..