We welcome our 2 newest members: Whitef0x, and that other guy I can't spell lol. Keep bugging Leynore, so he joins.

.Favourite donut: Oatmeal Raisin cookies Loading T

in General Chat Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:58 pm
by yyys123 | 1.470 Posts

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. - The Minnesota Vikings had just finished a mediocre season with a modest victory over a last-place team, hardly a setting where raw emotion was expected.Yet there was coach Mike Zimmer, when asked specifically at his postgame news conference about the improvement made by second-year cornerback Xavier Rhodes, pausing briefly for composure.The gruff, demanding Zimmers voice cracked as he carefully revealed how Rhodes approached him in the locker room with gratitude for his tutelage and guidance.Hes got a chance to be a really good football player, Zimmer said, after Rhodes stifled Chicago wide receiver Alshon Jeffery throughout the win Sunday over the Bears.For all the dissatisfaction Zimmer expressed in his teams performance during his first season as a head coach, that competitive drive keeping him restless as the Vikings wobbled their way to a 7-9 finish, he was clearly moved by the sign of a young player finding his groove at a difficult position.One of the early themes associated with Zimmer and his coaching style, which will ultimately have a significant influence on his success, was his self-described pride in being a fixer.There was a lot to fix when he took over nearly a year ago, particularly with a defence that gave up an NFL-worst average of 30 points per game, and upgrades are needed still in several areas.This group, though, was unquestionably better in 2014. Player after player, in interviews Monday during the annual cubicle clean-out at the team facility, pointed to Zimmer for the progress.Hes brought a completely different tone around here of just being professional, playing aggressive, tough, disciplined football, safety Harrison Smith said.Zimmer had been an assistant coach in the league for 20 years, including 14 as a defensive co-ordinator, before accepting this job. The word was out. There were no secrets. The Vikings knew they were getting an intense, hard-nosed new boss.Thats the type of coach he is, but at the same time hes one of those guys that you immediately fall in love with and you immediately want to run through a brick wall for because he seems to know when he needs to take care of guys and when he needs to push guys, defensive end Brian Robison said.The Vikings finished 11th in the NFL with an average of 21.4 points per game allowed, better than seven of the 12 teams that made the playoffs. They were 14th with an average of 344.7 yards per game given up, better than five playoff teams. They tied for ninth with 41 sacks.Not that were where we want to be, but its trending that way, Smith said.The Vikings struggled in several games to stop the run, so better tackling will be high on the to-do list for 2015. Takeaways will be as well, since the Vikings forced only 19 turnovers to rank tied for 25th in the league.There were late lapses that led to losses, such as the winning touchdown drive by the Bills in Buffalo that featured a fourth-and-20 conversion and the 30-point second-half by the Dolphins at Miami.Adjusting to the assignments of the new scheme took time, too. Cornerback Captain Munnerlyn acknowledged not listening as much as he should have to Zimmer.Its all about trust. When they tell me to do this, do that, even though Ive been in the league for a while, I still start to question, Man, why do you want me to do this? Munnerlyn said. Just go out there and do it.For all the mistakes and disappointments, though, there were just as many success stories. Rookie linebacker Anthony Barr had several strong games before hurting his knee. Defensive end Everson Griffen was a force at times in his first season as a starter. Rhodes tied for fourth in the NFL with 18 passes defenced.He was just a big piece of clay, really, that had a ton of ability, Zimmer said.Theres more left to mould in his second year.___Online:AP NFL websites: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Cheap Jordan From China . That little deal worked out in a big way for the Mavericks. Nowitzki had 21 points Tuesday night to pass Oscar Robertson for 10th on the NBAs career scoring list, leading the Mavs to a 95-83 victory over the Utah Jazz. Air Jordan Outlet . RAPTORS STRUGGLING: The bottom line is the true test in sports isnt just how you handle failure, but how you handle success. https://www.fakejordanwholesale.com/ . Langer appeared to be in trouble when his second shot on the par-5 18th ended up in the rough short of the green. He hit a brilliant pitch to 5 feet and made the putt after Slumans birdie attempt rolled just wide. Cheap Air Jordan Online . This was one of them. Omar Infante homered and tied a career high with six RBIs to carry the Kansas City Royals over the Baltimore Orioles 9-3 on Sunday. Wholesale Jordans From China . The deals were announced on Friday. Beckham will receive $4.175 million in base salary, while De Aza will receive $4.25 million. Beckham hit .267 with five home runs and 24 RBIs over 103 games last season, his fifth with the White Sox.Gino RedaMy order: For well over a decade through my oldest boys hockey career, I was all about the Cinnamon Raisin toasted bagel with light cream cheese and a medium coffee with milk. Standing by the glass in the offensive zone, using the dasher board to hold my Timmys, watching my kid grow up on the ice. Now eight years later, with my oldest having moved away, Im back in the same spot at the rink, watching my little guy begin the same journey. Im a little older, so its a Greek yogurt instead of the bagel, but Im still "Milk no sugar," and still loving the view at the glass.Favourite donut: Chocolate GlazedAaron WardMy order: Large coffee double/double with two Splenda/Sugar Twin. I order it most often in the International Departures terminal at Pearson Airport when Im purchasing my 144 premade packets of Tim Hortons coffee to take home to North Carolina. The ladies at Tim Hortons know me as "that guy who buys all that coffee."Favourite donut: Apple Fritter. (But my real go-to is 10 Sour Cream Glazed and 10 Apple Fritter Timbits.)Jamie McLennanMy order: I love the grilled cheese with chili on the side. I order that during winter when Im coming to the studio to watch games and do a show. Thankfully, the Tims location not far from the TSN studio is always there when I need it.ddddddddddddavourite donut: Sour Cream Glazed (with a hot chocolate)Gord MillerMy order: Cinnamon Raisin bagel, lightly toasted, lightly buttered. With an orange juice.Favourite donut: Oatmeal Raisin cookies Loading The boys are getting ready for tonights NHL Season Preview Show on TSN1 and TSN4 at 8 pm ET. #NHL #TSN View on Instagram @-webkit-keyframesdkaXkpbBxI{ 0%{opacity:0.5;} 50%{opacity:1;} 100%{opacity:0.5;} } @keyframesdkaXkpbBxI{ 0%{opacity:0.5;} 50%{opacity:1;} 100%{opacity:0.5;} }(The Panel getting prepped for the Hockey Season Preview show in their environment)Ray FerraroMy order: First of all, Tims Dark Roast. Two cream, one sugar. Follow that with a 12 Grain bagel, double toasted, with light strawberry cream cheese.Favourite donut: Vanilla Dip (with sprinkles)Chris CuthbertMy order: On the road, breakfast is the Tim Hortons egg whites on English Muffin, but I go bacon instead of sausage. Extra-large double-double coffee with pumpkin flavour shot in the fall. And for lunch, ‎Turkey Bacon Club and chicken noodle soup! Favourite donut: I only window shop the donuts, but will admit it hurts not to go Maple Dip. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Bella Swan
Board Statistics
The forum has 2168 topics and 2220 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Visitor record: 104 users on Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:53 am..