We welcome our 2 newest members: Whitef0x, and that other guy I can't spell lol. Keep bugging Leynore, so he joins.

e to build on our core tal

in General Chat Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:19 pm
by yyys123 | 1.470 Posts

NHL draft lottery losers last year, the Florida Panthers had their number come up this year. In the meantime, chalk up yet another loss for the Buffalo Sabres. The Panthers bucked the odds Tuesday by jumping up a spot and earned the right to the top pick in June. Florida, which finished 29th in the league, vaulted ahead of the last-place Sabres, who had the best odds of winning the lottery held in Toronto. "It means a lot to us. Weve very excited," said Travis Viola, Panthers president of hockey operations. "Were looking to continue to build on our core talent of young players. Its just a great opportunity." It also marked a reversal of fortune for Florida. After finishing last a year ago, the Panthers were relegated to the No. 2 pick after Colorado won the lottery. The top two projected prospects are left wing Samuel Bennett, of OHL Kingston, who finished first in the final rankings released by NHL Central Scouting last week, and OHL Barrie defenceman Aaron Ekblad. The draft will be held in Philadelphia on June 27-28. The Panthers (29-45-8) had an 18.8 per cent chance of winning the lottery, behind only Buffalo (21-51-10), which had a 25 per cent shot. The Sabres continued whats been a losing trend since the season began in October. Buffalos 51 losses were a franchise worst, and the most losses in the NHL since the New York Islanders went 21-51-7-3 in 2000-01. General manager Tim Murray took the latest loss in stride, telling the teams website that he almost anticipated losing out on the No. 1 pick. "Were very comfortable," Murray said. "The other way wouldve been gravy, but its kind of what we thought would happen, and we prepared for it." The Sabres were guaranteed falling no further than second. Florida will have the first pick for the fourth time in franchise history. The Panthers are gradually rebuilding. They made a splash this year by acquiring goalie Roberto Luongo in a trade with Vancouver. And theyll be picking third or better for the fourth time in five years. Their previous top three picks -- defenceman Erik Gudbranson (in 2010), wing Jonathan Huberdeau (2011) and centre Aleksander Barkov (2013) -- all played significant roles this season. "Were anxious to put a winner in Florida," Viola said. The Panthers move up marked the fourth straight year in which the last-place team failed to win the lottery. Since the NHL lottery system was introduced in 1995, the last-place team has earned the No. 1 pick only six times. The Panthers had the No. 1 pick in the 2002 and 2003 drafts, but traded them away both times. They also had the No. 1 pick in 1994, when they selected defenceman Ed Jovanovski. The remaining 11 teams maintained their draft order based on the final standings, starting with the Edmonton Oilers staying with the No. 3 draft pick. Calgary will select fourth followed by the New York Islanders. The top 10 picks are rounded out by Vancouver picking sixth, followed by Carolina, Toronto, Winnipeg and Anaheim. The Pacific Division champion Ducks earned a lottery spot by acquiring a first-round pick in a trade with Ottawa, which finished 21st. The New Jersey Devils, who finished 20th, were included in the lottery to maintain the weighted odds, but were not eligible to be selected. The Devils are already slotted to pick 30th after being sanctioned by the NHL. The league ruled New Jersey circumvented the collective bargaining agreement by attempting to skirt the salary cap by signing Ilya Kovalchuk to a 17-year, $102 million contract in 2010. Center Sam Reinhart (WHL Kootenay) and left wing Leon Draisaitl (WHL Prince Albert) were ranked third and fourth among North American skaters, while the top-ranked European skater is Finnish right wing Kasperi Kapanen. The Sabres actually have a shot at holding three first-round picks based on two trades they made this year. The Islanders have to until June 1 to decide whether to hand over their first-round selection to Buffalo this year or next year. Islanders head amateur scout Trent Klatt said the team has not yet determined its plans. The Sabres will also acquire the Blues first-round pick should St. Louis reach the Western Conference finals. Stan Smith Sale NZ .Y. - Phil Varone was the lone scorer in the shootout as the Rochester Americans edged the Toronto Marlies 3-2 on Sunday in American Hockey League action. Adidas NMD New Zealand . Although head coach Randy Carlyle jokingly wondered how much actual training Bolland got done while in London. "I dont know how much training goes on when you go back to the junior team that you played for so I wouldnt read too much into that," laughed Carlyle after the Maple Leafs were put through an up-tempo practice that concluded with a 10-minute bag skate on Thursday. http://www.nmdshoesnz.com/ .ca. In Sundays Blackhawks-Penguins game, Pittsburgh defenceman Brooks Orpik laid a huge hit on Chicagos Jonathan Toews. Now in my view, Orpik can be clearly seen leaving his feet while delivering a moderately high hit. NMD 2020 NZ .Cowboys owner Jerry Jones seems to be leaning the fiscally responsible way.Let me put it like this: Its going to be a challenge, Jones said of re-signing both of Dallas biggest potential free agents. Adidas NMD R1 NZ . Kelli Stack and Alex Carpenter also scored for the Americans, who avoided a repeat of Finlands upset at the Four Nations Cup in Lake Placid, N.Y., in November. Finnish goalie Noora Raty made 58 saves in that one, but the three-time Olympian could stop just 40 of 43 U.Phoenix, AZ - The Pittsburgh Pirates signed free-agent infielder Jayson Nix prior to Sundays game against the Arizona Diamondbacks. Nix, 31, went 6-for-39 with one homer in 18 games with the Philadelphia Phillies earlier this season before being granted free agency on May 13. He then signed a minor league deal with the Tammpa Bay Rays, who released him on Friday.dddddddddddd In 443 career games with the Rockies, White Sox, Indians, Blue Jays, Yankees and Phillies, Nix has hit .216 with 38 homers and 128 RBI. The Pirates also optioned infielder Brent Morel to Triple-A Indianapolis and designated infielder Dean Anna for assignment. ' ' 'able lead until early in the fourth quarter of a 26-14 win, though the Tigers took advantage of a critical third-quarter sequence to seize momentum. Clemson came in averaging 45 points and 490 yards, but finished with 415 yards in its lowest scoring performance of the young season. "It just wasnt smooth," said quarterback Tajh Boyd, who threw three touchdown passes. "I dont really know if it was anxiety or having 12 days off or it just wasnt as rhythmful as we wanted it to be. Then, we came back in the second half and did some great things." Boyds 30-yard scoring pass to Martavis Bryant capped the game-turning sequence -- including an apparent Wolfpack touchdown negated by an officials whistle -- that put the Tigers (3-0, 1-0 ACC) in control. Boyd found Bryant for another touchdown, with Bryant snatching the ball from defender Niles Clark for a 15-yard score that made it a three-possession game early in the fourth. Boyd threw for 244 yards on 24-for-37 passing, with his first scoring toss coming on an 11-yarder to Sam Cooper with 2:23 left in the second that gave the Tigers a 13-7 halftime lead. "Tajh is a perfectionist. Thats the way he is in practice," Clemson coach Dabo Swinney said. "Thats the way he is all the time. He cant stand when he feels like he made a mistake. I just told him, Go to the next play. I told (offensive co-ordinator Chad Morris), Just keep calling the game. Well get him going." Shadrach Thornton scored the Wolfpacks first touchdown on a 21-yard run in the second for a 7-6 lead, but N.C. State (2-1, 0-1) couldnt complete the upset in coach Dave Doerens first league game. "Its not a moral victoory by any means," Doeren said.dddddddddddd "We do not accept losing here. But Im proud of the way we competed." The Tigers entered Raleigh with their highest ranking in 25 years and a prime spot in the national championship chase. They also came in with memories of their inexplicably bad performance here two seasons earlier, when the Wolfpack scored 27 second-quarter points en route to a 37-13 rout of the then-No. 7 Tigers. N.C. State followed that win with an upset of No. 3 Florida State here last year. But N.C. States hopes of beating a top-10 team at home for the third straight season essentially ended in one frustrating sequence. Receiver Bryan Underwood sprinted around the right side for what appeared to be an 83-yard touchdown to tie the game at 13 midway through the third. But officials ruled Underwood stepped on the sideline at the Clemson 47 and blew the play dead, making it an unreviewable play -- replays appeared to show him remaining inbounds -- that led to boos raining down from the Carter-Finley Stadium stands. "It was right in front of me," Doeren said. "He didnt go out of bounds. Unfortunately they blew it dead so they couldnt review it. Its an unfortunate deal. I know the guy felt bad about it. You cant do anything about it. Thats just the way it is." Three plays later, Clemsons Vic Beasley knocked the ball loose from Pete Thomas on a sack for a fumble recovered by Spencer Shuey. The Tigers pounced on the opportunity, with Boyd hitting Bryant for the 30-yard score that made it 20-7 with 5:25 left in the quarter. Bryants impressive grab for his second touchdown on Clemsons next drive made it 26-7 with 11:27 left -- and the booing over the Underwood call continued. "It hurts, but hey, things happen in games," Underwood said. "So youve got to bounce back with them, good or bad." N.C. State finished with 378 total yards, but failed to convert its first eight third-down tries and finished 3 for 16 for the game. ' ' 'ween the teams on Oct. 17, 2010 at FedEx Field, Manning threw for 307 yards with two TDs and no INTs. Redskins wide receiver Pierre Garcon played for the Colts then and had 103 yards and a touchdown on four catches. Sundays game marks the first trip to Lucas Oil Stadium for the Redskins, who havent defeated the Colts since a 26-21 verdict on Oct. 27, 2002. The last Washington victory in Indy occurred on Oct. 23, 1994. WHAT TO WATCH FOR Redskins running back Alfred Morris is playing like the days of old and is approaching 1,000 yards for a third straight season. He has amassed 826 yards and seven touchdowns on 193 carries, and recorded a season-high 125 yards and a score on 21 touches in San Francisco. It was his first 100-yard rushing performance since Week 10 of the 2013 season at Minnesota. Morriss has carried the ball 20 or more times in the last two games, and said he hasnt been trying to force the issue the last few weeks.dddddddddddd Patience and understanding the basics of the game have helped Morris in the previous games. With his next 100-yard rushing game, Morris will tie Earnest Byner, George Rogers and Terry Allen for the fifth-most 100-yard rushing games in team history (12). Morris, who has four TD runs in his last four games, is one of only 17 running backs in NFL history to exceed 3,700 rushing yards (3,714) in his first three seasons, joining the likes of Eric Dickerson, Earl Campbell, Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton and Jim Brown. With McCoy under center again, its important for Washington to feed Morris the ball. Morris had 73 yards and a score on 18 touches in McCoys first start against Dallas. Thats very important and were going to rely on that, Gruden said of keeping Morris loose and active. We have to rely on that for us to be any kind of successful team in the future. Moving forward, I think we have to get our running game going and Alfred has been running really hard the last few weeks. Indianapolis is allowing 109.9 rushing yards per game. Look for Colts linebacker and leading tackler DQwell Jackson to be all over the field. He has 94 stops and four sacks this season. Some experts believe the run game opens the pass. If true, expect McCoy to hook up often with Garcon and speedster DeSean Jackson. Jackson had 136 yards on six receptions in Dallas with McCoy under center. He led us on some drives. He was very efficient, Gruden said of McCoy in that Dallas game. Everybody got the ball, which really made this offense click. Gruden went back to Griffin the next week, a 29-26 loss at Minnesota. The Colts should have no trouble moving the football on the Redskins unless Luck gets sacked seven times and throws a few interceptions. Washington did pull off the impossible in stopping the Cowboys on Monday night, but the Colts are geared up for a division title. Luck, though, was sacked five times against Jacksonville. The Jaguars are brutal and couldnt convert the defensive effort into a win against Luck, who has gone down 14 times in the last six games. It was hard to get stuff going, said Luck. Thats a good defense, a good front four. We had our share of self-inflicted penalties and didnt do a good job taking care of the football, but a lot of those are because of what they did. A lot of credit goes to what they did on defense in stifling us early. It was the first time since Oct. 5 versus Baltimore Luck threw for just one touchdown pass. Luck has thrown two or more TD passes in a game nine times and three or more on six separate occasions. The Colts have six players with two or more receiving touchdowns, but one of those is running back Ahmad Bradshaw, who is out for the season with a fractured leg and posted six TDs. Bradshaw also had two rushing scores. Hilton is Indys top receiving threat and, of course, veteran Reggie Wayne is still around. Wayne, though, isnt the same player he used to be and occasionally has bursts of energy. Trent Richardson and Daniel Herron will carry the workload on the ground. Richardson leads the Colts with 433 yards on 127 carries and has three TDs, and will go against a Washington defense allowing 100.7 yards per game. OVERALL ANALYSIS The Redskins can surpass their win total from last season (4) with an improbable win over the playoff-bound Colts. They wont because Luck will pick apart the Washington defense and receive protection in the pocket. Indianapolis has been plagued by injuries across the offensive line, as right tackle Gosder Cherilus and right guard Hugh Thornton are banged up. Cherilus (shoulder) could return Sunday, but Thornton (knee) is expected to miss the game. Allen (ankle) is questionable. The Colts will play three of four games on the road to close out the regular season, so its important for them to not overlook Washington with a trip to Cleveland slated for Dec. 7. Luck should consider this game a tune-up for the stretch run and the postseason. Sports Network predicted outcome: Colts 31, Redskins 20 ' ' 'n the 15-day disabled list, but its not as serious as it looked on Monday night, when the third baseman crumpled in a heap at the plate after taking an awkward swing in a game against the New York Yankees.NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. -- Bernhard Langer maintained a two-stroke lead Saturday in the Champions Tours Toshiba Classic, making four birdies in a late five-hole stretch for a 5-under 66. Langer, the 2008 winner, had a 13-under 129 total at Newport Beach Country Club. The 56-year-old German won the season-opening event in Hawaii in January for his 19th victory on the 50-and-over tour. Kenny Perry and Chien Soon Lu were tied for second. Perry made a 15-foot eagle putt on the par-5 18th for a 65, and Lu shot 66. "I have to get off to a hot start and make birdies," Perry said. "I know hes going to be there at the end. I have to play my best when I go up against him. He doesnt make a mistake." Fred Couples, Scott Dunlap, Esteban Toledo and Jeff Hart were 10 under. Langer opened with a birdie, then made his first bogey of the tournament on his next hole. He added two more birdies on the front nine but also had another bogey. "I had a couple of hiccups on the front nine," Langer said. "I felt I was playing ok. I told my caddy, Lets try and play a good back nine and I did." On tthe back nine, Langer birdied Nos.dddddddddddd 13, 14, 15 and 17. One No. 15, he hit son Jason in the gallery on his approach shot. Langer then hit a flop shot over a bunker to 10 feet and made the birdie putt. "I was told it hit him," Langer said. "But it was more like it bounced a few times and rolled up to him. He was OK." Perry also had a strange incident. On No. 9, he tried to cut the corner on the dogleg right and caught a palm tree about 37 yards from the tee box. Fortunately, the ball fell to the side of the tree. Perry hit a 4-iron layup, followed by a 9-iron to 4 feet and made the putt for par. "That holes got me," Perry said. "If I had to play a lot of holes like it, I wouldnt play much." Ryder Cup captain Tom Watson made a 30-foot eagle putt on the final hole for 63, tied for the best round of the day. It was the first time on the Champions Tour the 64-year-old Watson has bettered his age on the tour. He was tied for 12th at 8 under. "When you are 64, it doesnt happen that much anymore," Watson said. "I have been rolling in a lot of putts though." ' ' 'n NCAA Division 1 indoor title with a Canadian record jump of 2.35. Brent Lakatos won both the Phil A. Edwards Memorial Trophy as athlete of the year in track events, and the para-athlete of the year award for wheelchair events. Lakatos won five medals at the IPC world championships -- four gold in the T53 wheelchair classification 100, 200 and 400 metres, and 4x400 relay. He won silver in the 800. In the process he set four Canadian and four IPC world championship records. Later at the Sainsbury Games he broke the world record in the T53 wheelchair 100 metres. Brianne Theisen-Eaton of Humboldt, Sask., won the combined events athlete of the year, winning gold at the prestigious Gottzis Hypo-Meeting, and silver at the world championships.dddddddddddd Alicia Brown of Ottawa won the Dr. Fred Tees Memorial Trophy as the Canadian university athlete of the year. The University of Toronto athlete won titles in the 300-metres at both the conference and CIS championships. Shawnacy Barber of Toronto, Ont., won the Eric E. Coy Trophy as outstanding junior athlete after breaking the Canadian senior outdoor record in the pole vault, clearing 5.71 metres. Inaki Gomez of Vancouver, B.C., earned the Fred Begley Memorial Trophy as the top off-track athlete of the year. Gomez finished eighth at the world championships in the 20-kilometre race walk, and at the Canadian championships raced to a Canadian record of 40 minutes one second in the 10K race walk. Gomezs coach Gerry Dragomir won coach of the year, Virginia McLachlan of Windsor, Ont., won the para-athlete of the year in ambulatory events. while Lexi Aitken of London, Ont., and Paul Galas of Mississauga, Ont., tied for the Myrtle Cook Trophy for the outstanding youth athlete. The trophies will be presented at the Annual Awards Gala in Moncton, N.B., during the 2014 Canadian championships. ' ' 'ive World Cup squads, along with Germany great Lothar Matthaus and former Mexico goalkeeper Antonio Carbajal. http://www.yeezyschuhe.de/yeezy-schuhe-deutschland/yeezy-boost-350-kaufen.html . Obasi chested the ball past one defender, prodded it past another and then rounded the keeper before scoring from a tight angle in the 16th minute. Seconds after the restart, Obasi set up Klaas Jan Huntelaar for the Dutchmans 11th goal from 13 games this season. Yeezy Schuhe Größentabelle . They were expecting him there all along. The Pacers announced Friday night that George has been cleared "to return to normal basketball activity," a decision made three days after he was concussed in Game 2 of the Indiana-Miami series. Yeezy Boost 550 Deutschland . -- Green Bay wide receiver Greg Jennings will be on the sideline as the Packers make their push for a perfect regular season.TSN.ca presents its latest weekly power rankings for the 2013-14 Barclays Premier League season. Rankings were weighted evenly between separate lists made by TSN Radio host and soccer analyst Gareth Wheeler as well as TSN.cas soccer editors. 1. Manchester City (Last Week-2) Edin Dzeko and Yaya Toure put Manchester City back in control of the Premier League title race with a 2-0 victory over Crystal Palace. If City wins out and keeps their goal differential advantage they will be crowned champions. 2. Liverpool (LW-1) The league leaders surrendered their advantage in the title race by falling 2-0 to Chelsea at Anfield. They still top the table with a two point advantage over Chelsea and three over Manchester City who have a game in hand. 3. Chelsea (LW-3) Another wrench was thrown into the title race as Demba Ba and Willian led Chelsea to a 2-0 victory over Liverpool. The win kept Chelsea alive in the battle for the top of the table but they will still need help to lift the trophy. 4. Arsenal (LW-4) Laurent Koscielny, Mesut Ozil and Olivier Giroud all found the net for Arsenal as they cruised to a 3-0 victory over Newcastle. The victory helps the Gunners get another step closer to next seasons Champions League competition. 5. Everton (LW-5) Antolin Alcaraz and Seamus Coleman scored into the wrong net as Everton watched Southampton cruise to a 2-0 victory. The loss puts Evertons chances at qualifying for Champions League in serious doubt. 6. Tottenham (LW-6) Danny Rose scored in the 33rd minute to lead Tottenham to a 1-0 victory over Stoke City as they continue to hold on to the final place in Europa League. 7. Manchester United (LW-7) Wayne Rooney and Juan Mata both hit doubles as the Ryan Giggs era at Manchester United got off to a winning start with a 4-0 victory over Norwich City. 8. Southampton (LW-8) Southampton will have a top half of the season finish after they essentially stole three points from Everton. Both goals were crredit as own goals.dddddddddddd 9. Stoke City (LW-9) Stoke dropped their third home game of the season as they fell 1-0 to Tottenham. 10. Crystal Palace (LW-10) A strong effort was not able to produce a result for Crystal Palace as they fell 2-0 to Manchester City. 11. Swansea City (LW-12) Wilfried Bony fired home twice while Jonjo Shelvey and Pablo also scored for Swansea as they cruised to a 4-1 victory over Aston Villa 12. Hull City (LW-13) Shane Long completed the comeback that a goal from Nikica Jelavic started as Hull rescued a point in a 2-2 draw with Fulham. 13. Newcastle United (LW-11) Six straight losses for Newcastle as they were defeated 3-0 by Arsenal. The loss heaps further pressure on manager Alan Pardew. 14. West Bromwich Albion (LW-16) Saido Berahino scored the only goal of the game in the 11th minute to lead West Bromwich Albion to a 1-0 victory over West Ham United. 15. West Ham United (LW-14) West Ham was kept off the score sheet as they dropped their fourth straight game, 1-0 to West Bromwich Albion. 16. Sunderland (LW-17) A rampant victory by Sunderland, 4-0 over Cardiff City, has helped them escape the relegation zone. Connor Wickham opened the scoring and picked up a second to close the game off for the Black Cats. 17. Aston Villa (LW-15) Gabriel Agbonlahors 22nd marker was not nearly enough as Aston Villa fell 4-1 at the hands of Swansea City. 18. Fulham (LW-19) After scoring two goals in three minutes through Ashkan Dejagah and Fernando Amorebieta, Fulham conceded a pair and had to settle for a 2-2 draw. The Cottagers are very involved in the relagation fight. 19. Cardiff City (LW-18) A 4-0 loss to Sunderland has sent Cardiff City to the bottom of the table. The Welsh side will need at least two points and some goal differential help to stay in the Premier League. 20. Norwich City (LW-20) Norwich mustered only two shots on target as they were defeated 4-0 at Old Trafford by Manchester United. ' ' 'wins. The U.S. has dominated this event, winning seven of nine played since its inception in 1994. The International sides lone victory came in 1998, with the 2003 competition finishing tied. DeLaet doesnt have much match-play experience but is embracing the format. "I actually feel it suits my game pretty well," DeLaet said. "You can be a lot more aggressive when needed and also play smart when needed. "Its obviously a totally different game, youre playing more against your competitor than you are the golf course ... its exciting to think about right now. I cant wait to play it." Although hell be a Presidents Cup rookie, DeLaet is more than comfortable to take a leadership role on the International squad, if required. "Ive played team sports all my life ... I feel like Im a good leader," he said. "Obviously Im going to be a rookie on that team so I probably wont assume a leadership role by any means but I feel I can help guys out. "We all know whats at stake and you dont want to let guys down. But at the same time if you can pump a guy up when hes a little bit down on himself or disappointed in a shot and let him know its not a big deal, that we have a lot of golf to play and you believe in him, thats really the thing." DeLaet has made the cut in 19 of 24 events this year and posted 12 top-25 finishes. Hes currently ranked fifth in the FedEx Cup standings, 16th on the PGA Tour money list (over $2.6 million) and No. 35 in the world golf rankings. "I was speaking with one of my buddies (Wednesday) and he was going through some things like the world rankings, money list and FedEx Cup and guys Im ahead of," DeLaet said. "I kind of sat back and thought, Wow, this has just been an unbelievable year. "I feel like theres been a couple of chances Ive let slip away a little bit but its great being in contention. My time is coming, I totally believe in that." But the season could become even more memorable if DeLaet manages to finish atop the FedEx Cup standings, which would earn him a $10-million bonus cheque. Remaining No. 5 wouldnt be bad either, given the $1-million bonus. However, being in contention for the top prize means DeLaet can allow himself to realistically think big. "If I can stay in the top-5 going into the Tour Championship, I have a legitimate chance of winning," DeLaet said. "I think its a realistic goal, to win it." Cheap Jerseys Fast Shipping . No surprise there. Kershaw, who also earned the title after throwing his first career no-hitter in June, had a 1. Cheap Jerseys . The time off didnt slow them down. Tyler Zeller scored a season-high 18 points and grabbed a career-best 15 rebounds, Kyrie Irving added 14 points and the Cavaliers pushed their winning streak to five games Tuesday night with a 114-85 victory over the skidding Philadelphia 76ers. https://www.fakejerseyswholesale.com/ . His absence against the Celtics comes a day after he scored 43 points in the Heats 100-96 win at Cleveland. Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping . This is the final meeting of the season between these teams.? The Capitals were 5-4 winners in a shootout Oct. Fake Jerseys For Sale . Team officials travelled to Los Angeles on Thursday night to meet with the free agent, a person with knowledge of the plans said.ASTANA, Kazakhstan -- Calgarys Kaylin Irvine posted her best 1,000 metre World Cup result on Sunday, skating to a 12th place showing on the final day of a long-track speedskating World Cup event. The 23-year-old, who is in her second full season on the World Cup circuit, had a one minute 17.01 second finish in the A group race. She was 16th in her two previous A 1,000-metre races, which both tookk place in March.dddddddddddd. Irvine was the only Canadian entered in an A race on Sunday. William Dutton of Humboldt, Sask., was third in the mens B 500 metre, with Winnipegs Tyler Derraugh placing seventh. In the mens B 10,000 metres, Torontos Jordan Belchos was eighth, Mathieu Giroux of Pointe-aux-Trembles, Que., was 16th and Alec Janssens of Chilliwack, B.C., finished 20th. ' ' 'he Phillies put runners on first and second with no outs, but Torres struck out Ben Revere, got Jimmy Rollins to pop out and struck out Chase Utley. "The only thing we know is we won, dont ask me how," Collins joked. "There are a lot of tired bodies out there." Carlyle, who travelled much of Saturday just to make the game, knows he isnt the only tired one. "Probably every pitcher is just as exhausted as I am," he said. Tejada had three hits, including a homer, with two RBIs for the Mets, who won their fourth in five games. Ryan Howard hit a three-run homer for Philadelphia, which tied the game in the ninth on Domonic Browns RBI single. Phillies reliever Jeff Manship pitched four hitless extra innings, striking out six, and wouldve come out for the 14th but he strained his right quadriceps trying to beat out a grounder in the 13th. It was the second at-bat for Manship, as Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg was limited to just one bench player and was trying to preserve Philadelphias bullpen. "I was feeling real good pitching," Manship said. "Its definitely an outing to build on, but its just frustrating the way it ended. I was going to do anything I could to get a hit there." Brown singled off Jeurys Familia, who blew his first save in his second opportunity. But then both teams had trouble generating offence. Carlyle didnt allow a hit in the 11th or 12th. Browns ninth-inning hit prevented Mets starter Jacob deGrom from earning his first career victory. DeGrom has pitched well in all four of his starts, owning a 2.42 ERA, but is 0-2. He was in line for the win after striking out 11 in 6 1-3 strong innings before Familia blew the save. The Mets were in control of the game with a 4-0 lead until Howards homer in the seventh. Bobby Abreu and Lucas Duda had RBI hits in the first to help the Mets jump to a 2-0 lead. Tejada put New York in front 3-0 with a rare show of power, clearing the fence in left for his third career homer in 1,342 career at-bats. New York tacked on a run in the sixth on Tejadas single. All of four of the Mets early runs came off Kyle Kendrick, who is 1-10 over his last 18 starts dating to Aug. 11. Kendrick allowed eight hits while striking out five and walking two. Howards homer gave him 1,000 career RBIs. He reached the milestone in 1,230 games. Curtis Granderson broke an 0 for 22 skid with a ninth-inning single. NOTES: Reid Brignac went 0 for 5 with four strikeouts. ... To make room for Carlyle, the Mets sent starter Rafael Montero to Triple-A. ... Lagares was a late scratch from the starting lineup due to a strained rib cage. Chris Young led off and started in centre in his place. ... Former Phillies right-hander Roy Oswalt threw out the ceremonial first pitch. ... Mets LHP Jonathon Niese (3-3, 2.74) opposes Phillies LHP Cole Hamels (1-3, 4.43) at 1:35 Sunday. Adidas NMD R1 Billigt . It will then be back to business once the puck drops as the two clubs battle for key points in their respective playoff races. Watch the game live on TSN Canadiens and listen on TSN Radio 690 starting at 7:30pm et. Adidas NMD R2 Herr .com) - Manu Ginobili capped off a 26-point night with a go-ahead layup with 24 seconds left in overtime, with the basket giving the San Antonio Spurs a much-needed 95-93 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans. http://www.nmdsverige.com/ . -- Mike Shanahan gave Robert Griffin III a rest, and may have turned up the pressure on himself, too. Adidas Deerupt Runner Rea . -- Jonas Hiller is cautiously confident he has kicked his vertigo. Adidas NMD R1 Herr Rea .com) - The Milwaukee Bucks will try to get another win on this homestand Thursday night when they welcome the Utah Jazz to the Bradley Center.ZURICH, Switzerland -- FIFA says doping samples from World Cup players in South America are arriving at a laboratory in Switzerland within 33 hours. FIFA and the World Anti-Doping Agency-accredited lab in Lausanne are under time pressure to test samples before a players next match several days later. Testing for the World Cup in Brazil is being done in Lausanne because WADA stripped the Rio de Janeiro labs status for repeated errors. All 736 players at the World Cup will provide pre-tournament blood and urine samples.dddddddddddd FIFA chief medical officer Jiri Dvorak says the first 750 samples have arrived in Switzerland "from several Latin American countries in less than 33 hours." Dvorak says all samples arrived in good condition in cooled transit boxes. Two players from each team are randomly chosen to give samples after each match. ' ' 'ut 11 over seven innings as the Tigers grabbed Game 1 of this playoff rematch from 2012. Miguel Cabrera helped stake Detroit to an early lead before the banged-up slugger left in the eighth as a precaution. "We won the game, I think thats the more important thing right now," Cabrera said. "For us, its not an issue. Its no time to complain, no time to worry." The only guy who could get anything going against Scherzer was Yoenis Cespedes — and that wasnt enough the way the likely Cy Young Award winner was pitching. The As struck out 16 times in all, a franchise record in a post-season game. "Today we noticed that my fastball seemed pretty good and my changeup seemed pretty good. Thats why I thought I was able to get into a groove and pitch deep into the game because of those two pitches," Scherzer said. "I thought I did a good job of attacking the zone and throwing first-pitch strikes, which I pride myself in." Cabrera, hindered by a groin strain late in a season of injuries for last years Triple Crown winner, didnt have to overextend himself on defence thanks to Scherzers 118-pitch gem. But he did look uncomfortable running out a grounder in the eighth. "I wasnt very comfortable taking him out of a one-run game, but there was a little bit more to it," manager Jim Leyland said. Cabrera and Alex Avila each hit first-inning RBI singles against 40-year-old All-Star Bartolo Colon, whose winless stretch against the Tigers extended to 10 1/2 years. Scherzer retired 16 of his first 18 batters and was nearly untouchable before Cespedes hit a two-run drive in the seventh for his first career playoff home run. The strikeouts were his most in seven post-season starts. Cespedes struck out in the ninth against Benoit, who retired the final four batters for the save. Leyland opted for Scherzer for the post-season opener over Justin Verlander, who goes Saturday night against 23-year-old rookie Sonny Gray in just his 11th career start. Verlander beat the As in Games 1 and 5 of their post-season series last October, helping Detroit survive on its way to the World Series. "I dont get caught up in the hoopla, where Im pitching," Scherzer said. The As missed early chances in Game 1 of the rematch — and there was little the raucous, yellow towel-waving sellout home crowd of 48,401 could do until Cespedes finally energized the ballpark. Scherzer received an American League-best 6.80 runs of support per nine innings over his 32 sstarts this season, but he didnt need anything more than those three first-inning runs in shutting down the AL West champions.dddddddddddd The majors lone 20-game winner, Scherzer (21-3) allowed three hits and walked two. "Hes always tough, he won 21 games," As manager Bob Melvin said. "Scherzers a strikeout guy, hes a swing-and-miss guy." Scherzer issued a two-out walk to Coco Crisp in the third, and then retired his next eight batters in order before Crisp drew a full-count free pass in the sixth. Scherzer struck out the side in the fourth and recorded two more Ks in the fifth. Oakland had the tying run aboard in the eighth but Josh Donaldson popped out against Benoit. "Scherzer was terrific and the bullpen came in and did a fine job," Leyland said. "He was awfully determined. I think he was thrilled to get Game 1." Omar Infante added a pair of singles for a Tigers team determined to take this post-season run one step further after being swept by the San Francisco Giants in the 2012 World Series. Detroit nearly added a run in the sixth but Gold Glove right fielder Josh Reddick threw out Victor Martinez at the plate. Colon put himself in a hole from the start, surrendering Austin Jacksons double to lead off the game and then hitting Torii Hunter with a pitch. Cabrera singled up the middle for the first run, and then Prince Fielder grounded into a double play to bring home another. Avila added an RBI single. Cespedes hit a one-out triple over Andy Dirks head in the second but Oakland was unable to drive him in. Leyland went with Dirks in left over Jhonny Peralta, who made the playoff roster a week after completing a 50-game suspension for ties to the Biogenesis lab accused of distributing performance-enhancing drugs. Peralta lined out as a pinch hitter in the ninth. Colon had hoped for a triumphant return to the playoff stage eight years after his last appearance with the Angels. The right-handers 10 hits allowed were his most in 10 career post-season starts. "Bartolo threw an outstanding game," catcher Stephen Vogt said. "He made a couple of mistakes early and they took advantage." Colon, who wasnt part of the As playoffs last season while serving a 50-game suspension for a positive testosterone test, won 18 games this season but couldnt break out of his decade-long funk against the Tigers. The burly right-hander is winless — going 0 and 8 — in 14 starts against the Tigers since a victory on April 13, 2003. Cespedes was back in left field after missing the final two regular-season games at Seattle with a right shoulder injury. NOTES: Both catchers took hard foul tips off the mask. ... The crowd was the largest at the Coliseum since 53,974 on June 27, 2004, against the San Francisco Giants. ... Hunter was Colons first hit batsman all year. "The only ball I feel bad about is the one that hit Torii," Colon said. ... Fielder snapped an 0-for-13 stretch in the post-season with a third-inning single. ... First-pitch temperature was 77 degrees. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: Bella Swan
Board Statistics
The forum has 2168 topics and 2220 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Visitor record: 104 users on Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:53 am..