We welcome our 2 newest members: Whitef0x, and that other guy I can't spell lol. Keep bugging Leynore, so he joins.

s are kicking themselves fo

in General Chat Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:47 pm
by yyys123 | 1.470 Posts

NEW YORK -- Jose Bautista decided it was time to take charge, not with his bat but with his feet. The Toronto slugger stole second base without a throw with two outs in the ninth inning and scored when Dioner Navarro hit a go-ahead single, lifting the Blue Jays over the New York Yankees 5-4 Sunday for their first series win in the Bronx in nearly two years. "I just took a chance and said Im going to try and take a hop step when he comes set, and if he doesnt fake, Im going to run," said Bautista, who chose to run on his own against David Robertson. "He went to the plate, and I had the easiest stolen base. I got in scoring position early in the at-bat for Dioner." Robertson (1-3) blamed himself for letting Bautista run just ahead of Navarros liner to centre field. "I just let him slip. I didnt think hed be going, Robertson said. "I just didnt have my sharp stuff." After snapping a 17-game skid at Yankee Stadium on Saturday, Toronto did not relent in the humidity even when it wasted three leads. The Blue Jays won for the seventh time in 10 games following the All-Star break -- the same record as the Yankees. But their first series win in New York against the AL East rival since Aug. 27-29, 2012, sent Toronto to Boston with a one-game lead over the Yankees for the second AL wild card. "Within our team, its more of a statement that we wont accept losing to anybody, because we are known as a team that doesnt give up and always battles and tries to come back from any game that were in," Bautista said. Aaron Sanchez (1-0) gave up Carlos Beltrans tying RBI hit in the eighth. Munenori Kawasaki had put Toronto ahead with a sacrifice fly that followed Dellin Betances two-base error on a pickoff attempt. "My cleat got stuck," Betances said. "As soon as that happened I had a feeling I was going to throw it away." Juan Francisco homered off Shane Greene leading off the fifth to put Toronto up 2-0. But Chase Headley hit his first homer with the Yankees, a drive off J.A. Happ, and two pitches later Francisco Cervelli hit his first homer in 15 months to tie it in the sixth. Casey Janssen pitched the ninth for his 16th save. Derek Jeter made two nice stops at shortstop and Brendan Ryan, a shortstop playing second base, also flashed some impressive leather while playing in Colorado Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki. The injured star was on the East Coast for a second opinion on his hip flexor from a doctor in Philadelphia. Bautista had a run-scoring grounder to first base after Jose Reyes led off the game with a single and Melky Cabrera doubled. Francisco led off the fifth with a drive into the second deck in right field for a 2-0 lead. But Happ gave it all back in a three-pitch span in the bottom half. First, Headley hit a drive deep to left. With a 1-0 count, Cervelli sent a shot to right-centre that glanced off a leaping Cabreras glove and hit the top of the right-field wall. Cervelli hadnt homered since April 25, 2013, a span of 65 at-bats. Rausmus put Toronto back up with a double to left-centre in the sixth, chasing Greene after 5 1-3 innings. "I got to have a short memory, but that one hurt," Greene said of the pitch to Rasmus. Greene allowed eight hits and three runs in his second straight difficult outing after beginning his career as a starter with two outstanding outings. Brian McCann evened it when he beat out a hit to Kawasaki, the second baseman who was playing in right field as part of a shift. NOTES: The Yankees have given up 43 unearned runs this year. They allowed 38 all last season. ... The Blue Jays designated RHP Esmil Rogers for assignment for second time this year. He did not make an appearance since his recall Tuesday from Triple-A Buffalo. ... Yankees 1B Mark Teixeira (back strain) hit off a tee and soft toss, and fielder grounders. Manager Joe Girardi said Teixeira is still day to day. ... Up next: The Blue Jays are at the Boston Red Sox. R.A. Dickey (8-10) will start Monday. The Yankees head to Texas for three games. David Phelps (5-4) pitches for New York. Zay Jones Bills Jersey . CHAUNCEY BILLUPS (Pistons): Yes they got Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings in the off-season and Andre Drummond is a beast (teams are kicking themselves for passing on him - he rebounds and block shots every game - thats two more discernable and significant skills than most guys in his draft class), but dont for a second discount the impact of having a savvy veteran like Billups on your team. Matt Milano Bills Jersey . -- The NFL cancelled its Hall of Fame game between St. http://www.shoptheofficialbills.com/Elite-OJ-Simpson-Bills-Jersey/ . Team officials travelled to Los Angeles on Thursday night to meet with the free agent, a person with knowledge of the plans said. Andre Reed Jersey . - Whether its because of her improved play or the reason for it, Michelle Wie appears as comfortable on and off the golf course as at any time in her career. Tremaine Edmunds Youth Jersey . The 23-year-old McNabb was an All-Star with the American Hockey Leagues Rochester Americans this season, posting seven goals and 22 assists in 38 games. In 12 games with the Sabres this season, McNabb has accumulated six penalty minutes and a plus-1 rating. He has scored one goal and seven assists in 37 career games with the Sabres, who originally selected him in the third round (66th overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.BERLIN -- Bayern Munich blitzed Wolfsburg with five goals in 17 minutes to come from a goal down and win 6-1 for a new Bundesliga record of 16 consecutive victories on Saturday. Bayern, which provisionally extended its lead in the table to 23 points, also stretched its Bundesliga record unbeaten run to 49 games and remains on course to complete the season without defeat. Second-place Borussia Dortmund, which plays at Freiburg on Sunday, visits Munich on April 12 in what is likely to be the defending champions toughest remaining challenge. Also, Klaas Jan Huntelaar scored a hat trick as Schalke beat Hoffenheim 4-0 and Borussia Moenchengladbach lost 2-1 at home to Augsburg. Stuttgart ended its eight-game losing streak but could draw only 2-2 at home with bottom side Eintracht Braunschweig, injury-hit Hamburger SV drew 1-1 at home with fellow relegation candidate Eintracht Frankfurt, and Bayer Leverkusen remains without a win in six games across all competitions after drawing 1-1 at Hannover. Werder Bremen won 2-0 at Nuremberg, through a Franco di Santo volley and deflected shot from Philipp Bargfrede in each half. Aaron Hunt was awarded a penalty after Bargfrede scored, but the Bremen captain informed the referee he wasnt fouled and the decision was reversed. Nurembergs Hiroshi Kiyotake displayed a similar gesture of fair play in the first half. Wolfsburg started brightly, pressuring Bayern and disrupting the visitors passing game. Pep Guardiolas side managed to turn the game around only after Thiago Alcantara and former Wolfsburg striker Mario Mandzukic came on early in the second half, as Bayern claimed its 22nd win from 24 games. "For 50, 60 minutes we displayed outstanding football. We had Bayern swaying," Wolfsburg coach Dieter Hecking said. "But after the third goal it was like someone pulled the plug. Then the enthusiasm and willingness to run was gone." Brazilian defender Naldo gave Wolfsburg a deserved lead in the 17th minute. Xherdan Shaqiri equalized in a goalmouth scramble after a corner in the 26th. Patrick Ochs twice cleared off the line from David Alaba, and Shaqiri bundled the reebound over the line.dddddddddddd The home side remained strong, however, prompting the introduction of Mandzukic and Thiago. The latter had an immediate effect, playing a superb pass for Thomas Mueller to run through and score in the 63rd. Mandzukic shot to the corner three minutes later, Arjen Robben set up Franck Ribery in the 71st, Mueller claimed his second in the 78th, and then set up Mandzukic for the Croats league-leading 16th goal of the season two minutes later. Guardiola opted to rest Mario Goetze with a view to Tuesdays visit of Arsenal in the Champions League. Ribery was playing his first game for Bayern since a minor operation on his buttock, while Mueller was back after a hamstring injury. Schalke bounced back from crushing defeats to Bayern and Real Madrid by drawing level on points with third-place Leverkusen. "We wanted to show a reaction," Schalke coach Jens Keller said. Huntelaar opened the scoring in the sixth, and scored again with a fine finish inside the far post in the 29th, set up by Julian Draxler. The Dutchman should have completed his hat trick from the penalty spot in the 31st, but shot weakly and Koen Casteels easily gathered. Kevin-Prince Boateng cut the ball back for Chinedu Obasi to make it 3-0 in the 55th, and Draxler did brilliantly to help Huntelaar complete his hat trick in the 79th. Leverkusen goalkeeper Bernd Leno saved his side in the draw with Hannover by denying Szabolcs Husztis penalty attempt in the fifth. "I trusted my instincts," Leno said after his fifth save from six penalties this season. "It certainly wasnt an exhilarating game from us. You could feel the lack of confidence." Stuttgart coach Thomas Schneider will have to wait to learn his fate after failing to claim a win against Braunschweig. "Im not anybody to run away," said Schneider, whose side had previously lost eight in a row. It could have been nine. Hannovers Vedad Ibisevic had the chance to make it 3-1 but Daniel Davari saved his penalty. Ermin Bicakcic equalized against his former side to keep Braunschweigs hopes of avoiding the drop alive. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Bella Swan
Board Statistics
The forum has 2168 topics and 2220 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Visitor record: 104 users on Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:53 am..