We welcome our 2 newest members: Whitef0x, and that other guy I can't spell lol. Keep bugging Leynore, so he joins.

reth Bale to Real Ma

in General Chat Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:00 pm
by yyys123 | 1.470 Posts

Canadas Patrick Chan sits in second place in mens figure skating after a solid performance in his short program at the Winter Olympics in Sochi. One of his main rivals, Japanese skater Yuzuru Hanyu, sits just ahead of him in first place. Chan skated a largely clean routine, although he stumbled slightly in landing one of his triple axels — a jump that CBC figure skating analyst Kurt Browning said is "not his favourite comfort jump." Chans score of 97.52 was only one point off his all-time personal best of 98.52 in the short. It was not enough to surpass Hanyu, however, who beat his own world record in the short program with a score of 101.45 today in the event. Chan is the world record holder in the long program, which starts tomorrow at 10 a.m. ET. Despite having been home to several prominent figure skaters over the years, no Canadian man has ever won the Olympic gold medal in figure skating. Spanish skater Javier Fernandez is in third place, atop a group of skaters bunched tightly together, with only four points separating third place from eighth. Plushenko retires Earlier in the day Evgeni Plushenko surprised the figure skating world by withdrawing during warm-ups to his short program because he injured himself while awkwardly landing a jump. He then went to the judges table before bowing to the crowd and leaving the ice, saying later it felt like "a knife in my back." "After the first triple axel I stepped out and felt terrible pain in my leg and the second one was just a terrible landing," Plushenko said. "I couldnt feel my legs after it." He later announced his retirement from competitive skating. "I am sorry for my fans and for everybody, but I tried till the end. I almost cried," he said. "This is not how I wanted to end my career. I am very disappointed. But I tried to do my best." Plushenko, a three-time medallist in the mens event, was a darkhorse for the podium this time around and the host countrys only representative in the event. Another Canadian skater, Kevin Reynolds, failed to land two jumps and hit the ice twice during his short program, scoring a 68.76. Thats well off his personal best in the event of 85.16. "It was a disaster out there," Reynolds said after he finished skating. "I lost it on the first jump and it just snowballed from there. The result is where Im sitting now. Its incredibly disappointing for me." Reynolds performance was good enough to make the cutoff to perform in the free skate tomorrow. With files from Olympic News Service Michael Porter Nuggets Jersey . Manager Alex Ferguson says the injury was sustained while the player tried to hit a volley toward the end of training on Tuesday. Alex English Nuggets Jersey . It was my fifth straight year attending and, as always, there are many interesting matters discussed as it pertains to the use of statistics in sports. http://www.nuggetsprostore.com/kids-jamal-murray-nuggets-jersey/ . There were no real chances until Augsburg broke the deadlock through Raul Bobadilla in the 33rd minute. Frankfurt failed to clear a cross and Bobadilla slotted home from close range at the far post. Nikola Jokic Jersey . Halladays resume as a Blue Jay is among the elite in the franchises 36-year history. Over 12 seasons in Toronto, he was named an All-Star six times. He had arguably the finest campaign of his career in 2003 when he posted a 22-7 record, a 3. Will Barton Nuggets Jersey .com) - The Los Angeles Kings peppered Ryan Miller with shot after shot.TORONTO - Englands Daily Mirror says Toronto FC has offered Tottenham forward Jermain Defoe a deal worth C$8.4 million a year to join the Major League Soccer team. The package includes a salary of $151,125 a week — or $7.9 million a year, according to the tabloid. The 31-year-old England striker has eight goals in 13 appearances this season, but finds himself behind Roberto Soldado on the Spurs depth chart. Tottenham, flush with money from the sale of Gareth Bale to Real Madrid, spent 26 million pounds ($43.7 million) to get the Spanish international this summer. Toronto FC manager Ryan Nelsen played for Tottenham and visited the Premier League clubs training ground recently during a talent search with GM Tim Bezbatchenko and MLSE boss Tim Leiweke.dddddddddddd The Mirror says Queens Park Rangers, Nelsens last team, is also vying to sign the five-foot-seven Defoe, who has won 54 caps for England with 19 goals. Toronto (6-17-11 this season) has said it wants to sign two designated player strikers during the January transfer window. U.S. captain Clint Dempsey is currently the highest-paid player in MLS, according to the latest figures from the MLS Players Union. The former New England Revolution, Fulham and Tottenham forward is making US$5,038,566.50 with the Seattle Sounders this season ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 10 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Bella Swan
Board Statistics
The forum has 2168 topics and 2220 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Visitor record: 104 users on Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:53 am..